Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #31
Huisie
Enthusiast
Huisie doesn't litterHuisie doesn't litter

Device: none
Thanks for the suggestion, davidfor

I had tried deleting and reinstalling, including manually.
However, when I looked inside the plugins subfolder, I noticed he .json file wasn't being deleted.
Once I deleted that and reinstalled, all worked as it should.
Huisie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:36 AM   #32
raize221
raize221 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I had almost given up hope of an update for this plugin. Really happy to see it got some attention!

Unfortunately I am getting an error where it is unable to find any results. I have tried with multiple books and combinations of title, author, isbn, etc... with no results.

A copy of the error is quoted below. Calibre is currently up-to-date as version 2.0.0.

Any and all hep is appreciated. I would love to get this plugin running again. Thanks.

Spoiler:

Code:
calibre, version 2.0.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': [u'Mark Lawrence'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Prince of Thorns'} 
Using plugins: FictionDB 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** FictionDB ****************************** 
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20110814 Firefox/6.0')] 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from FictionDB took 0.210035085678 
Querying: http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.htm - rating=&isbn=None&styp=6&srchtxt=multi&pubgroup=&anthology=&author=Mark+Lawrence&immprint=0&title=Prince+of+Thorns&datepublished=&synopsis=
No matches found with query: u'http://www.fictiondb.com/search/searchresults.htm' - 'rating=&isbn=None&styp=6&srchtxt=multi&pubgroup=&anthology=&author=Mark+Lawrence&immprint=0&title=Prince+of+Thorns&datepublished=&synopsis=' 

******************************************************************************** 
The identify phase took 0.24 seconds 
The longest time (0.210035) was taken by: FictionDB 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
raize221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 03:43 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I could have sworn that the search returned something when I was testing the Qt5 changes. But, it isn't now. The search URL and some options have changed. The attached version should be OK.

Last edited by davidfor; 09-13-2014 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta to fix title and author

Apparently the released version has been putting the title in both the title and author field. I would have sworn that I had tested this, but there is no way it would ever have worked. Attached is a beta version that fixes this. Please test and tell me if it works properly or any errors you see. Once I am happy it is working, I will arrange for it to be released properly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB.zip (15.7 KB, 520 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 10-02-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Updated version number.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #35
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the fix, haven't had any problems with it.

Because I run multiple metadata sources when I download metadata I wasn't sure which of the plug-ins was causing the issue and was too lazy to attempt to isolate which one was doing this, but it's fixed now! Thanks again.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #36
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.0.6 Released

I have updated the attachment on the first post, thanks for the all the work on the plugin updates to davidfor.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #37
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Hi everyone. Is anyone else having trouble with the plug-in not downloading tags from FictionDB?

I am using Calibre 2.6 and FictionDB plug-in version 1.0.6 and downloading metadata for the book "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" by Jeff Lindsay (http://www.fictiondb.com/author/jeff...r~126939~b.htm).

I have the plug-in configured to include all except 'age-level' tags in the Tags column and I have Tags checked to be downloaded in both places in the dialog box. However, no tags are downloaded.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks.
DRJM
djrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #38
Imzadi
Imzadi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Unfortunatley I also coulnd't get this to load tags. Is this a common problem, or Is something wrong with my settings?
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - other options in tags and series

Looks like there was a change on the site. The code around the data used for the other options changed a little bit. It was also changed for the series as well.

I have attached a version that fixes these problems. I haven't done much testing. If there are problems, report them and I'll have a look. Also tell report if it works properly so I can arrange for it to be released.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB-beta.zip (15.7 KB, 505 views)
Old 01-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #40
Imzadi

Thank you so much. Tags are working just fine now.

Would it actually be possible in future versions to include downloading tags: "people / creatures"?

See for example:
http://www.fictiondb.com/author/kare...r~147791~b.htm

Last edited by Imzadi; 01-25-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:06 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - "people / creatures" as tags and multiple tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Thank you so much. Tags are working just fine now.
Good to hear.
Quote:
Would it actually be possible in future versions to include downloading tags: "people / creatures"?

See for example:
http://www.fictiondb.com/author/kare...r~147791~b.htm
I'm glad you mentioned that. I started adding it and realised I broke something in the last version. Or maybe the page had changed a little more than I notice.

In the version I posted yesterday, if the there were two tags in one of the tag categories, they were add as one separated by a space. The attached version should fix this and has "people / creatures".

If there are any problems with the tags, on the "Downloading metadata..." screen, there is a "View log" button. Pressing this displays the log of search actions. I have left a little bit of debug output in the log. Posting the contents of the log will help me work out what is happening.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FictionDB-beta.zip (16.0 KB, 481 views)

Last edited by davidfor; 01-25-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Repeat after me: Remember to attach the file
Old 01-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #42
Imzadi

Wow, thank you. I never expected such a quick response. I'll let you know, if I notice anything.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:02 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You got me in exactly the right mood

If I haven't heard any problems, I'll arrange for it to be released at the weekend.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #44
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Since the official version of the plugin gives me an error as soon as I try to configure the source, I tried the beta version. The configuration with it works perfectly but I do not seem able to get any metadata when I include genres and subgenres in the Tags. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:59 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Unfortunately there has been changes on the FictionDB site since that beta (and apologies to everyone for not getting that released). I am in the process of fixing it, but it will probably be the weekend before I can finish it.