Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
ThatAdamGuy
ThatAdamGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Nook STC - any better w/ magazines and such?

I tried out the old (B&W) Nook in conjunction w/ Calibre a couple of months ago. I was impressed with Calibre, but horrified at the slow and cumbersome UI on the Nook for reading newspapers and magazines. It took forever to navigate to a particular article and the layout / organization was nowhere near as nice as in the Kindle I later purchased.

But now there's the Nook STC, and against my better judgment I'm wondering how it stacks up against the Kindle .

Is the new Nook appreciably better than the old one in reading/navigating newspapers? Is it even better than the Kindle? (which I love overall, but I hate hate hate losing my place every time I click Back from an article)

Thanks in advance for your insights!

Regards,
Adam

P.S. -- And there's no way to wirelessly send articles to the Nook STC like we can w/ Amazon Whispernet, right?
ThatAdamGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You should probably post this in another forum. This seems to have nothing to do with Calibre, except the fact that you're impressed by it, which is good
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
ThatAdamGuy
ThatAdamGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I was originally posting here because I felt that the vast majority of readers in other forum areas are using their e-readers for books, vs. enjoying the cool Calibre conversion of online news sites' feeds to Mobipocket-formatted text.

But you nonetheless have a good point, and I've reposted here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1615866

Thanks for the forwarding
ThatAdamGuy is offline   Reply With Quote