Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Radish.: Nope, no need to run the uninstall before. And KSO stands for 'Kindle [with] Special Offers' .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #47
filbill
filbill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 wifi
Not registered new Kindle3 Special Offers act as normal kindle and have no adds.
It's good trade off for people not using the internet, to prevent having adds.
But not registering means also lack of some features as internal on device collections control which is as far as I know only way to put audiobooks into collections.
Does this hack or similar(big brother hack) prevent from putting by Amazon adds on your device and as a result have control over audiobooks? Or is there another way to contol audiobooks? I have failed with Calibre which I use only to create collections for books.
filbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #48
greyTraveler
Enthusiast
greyTraveler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
@filbill

This hack just controls enabling/disabling operating system updates from Amazon or from unofficial hacks. If you install this hack, Amazon will still be able to put ads on your kindle if it is a Special Offers Kindle.
greyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #49
Radish.
Radish. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + Wifi (US)
@NiLuJe

As promised, here I am trying it again but alas! Failure once more I most definitely do not have the KSO and my serial number begins with B006 so I used the following screensaver hack: "update_ss_0.23.N_k3g_install.bin"

I followed the steps precisely as you mentioned above. I erased the linkss folder which also contained the screensaver folder (did not run the uninstall). Above you say "Reinstall" so I assumed that meant for me to drag the "update_ss_0.23.N_k3g_install.bin" into the root of the kindle. So I did that AND I copied over the src/linkss folder to the root of the Kindle. THEN - I did a Restart as instructed above (not a Update Kindle). During the reboot I received an error message saying that my kindle was unable to update with an Error Code: 3

I hit the letter "R" to resume (as requested by the kindle). Once it was up and on the home screen, I put it to sleep but only to see the hideous ordinary bird screen saver staring back... Help...?

Do you think it is an issue with the jailbreak install? What on earth is going on..
Radish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM   #50
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Radish.: You didn't follow the instructions correctly (mainly, don't manually add the linkss folder, and don't reboot your kindle, ever, with a custom .bin, always use the 'Update Your Kindle' link).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #51
Radish.
Radish. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G + Wifi (US)
Yessss! Thank you NiLuJe

With some mucking about I managed to get it installed correctly with my personal screen savers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me even though I was in the wrong forum!

Kudos to you my world wide web hero
Radish. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #52
jihe3141
jihe3141 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g keyboard
does this work with jailbroken fw 3.2.1?
jihe3141 is offline   Reply With Quote