Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
rcrosby257
rcrosby257 began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Nexus 7 and E-Books

Not sure if I'm in the right place. If not, kindly redirect me.
I've had an Apple Mac Book for years but just recently got a Nexus 7.
I'm slowing learning the ways of Android (I think), but am having trouble downloading books from the local library.
The first part of the process is fine. Library has notified me that the book is available for download. At this point in the process though, I'm getting prompted for an Adobe password and I haven't been able to set up an adobe account. Read something today that leads me to believe the Nexus may not be compatible with Adobe.
Any suggestions? More info I need to provide? Thanks,
Rob
rcrosby257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Do you have a reader app installed on the Nexus? The OverDrive app might be the easiest since it will interface with your library (assuming they use OverDrive like most do). Otherwise there are a few that work with Adobe DRM (Mantano, Aldiko, BlueFire). Any of the Adobe DRM apps will have you enter your Adobe ID and password to register them to work.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
rcrosby257
rcrosby257 began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Nexus 7 E Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Do you have a reader app installed on the Nexus? The OverDrive app might be the easiest since it will interface with your library (assuming they use OverDrive like most do). Otherwise there are a few that work with Adobe DRM (Mantano, Aldiko, BlueFire). Any of the Adobe DRM apps will have you enter your Adobe ID and password to register them to work.
Brian,
Thanks for your response. I do have OverDrive loaded onto the Nexus. Maybe I need to "work through" that app? Local library has a "tech support afternoon" and the next one is Friday. If I don't figure it out by then I'll try that.
Rob
rcrosby257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What issue are you having setting up an adobe id? A valid email address and password of your chioce should suffice (not your email password). Is there an error message?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrosby257 View Post
Brian,
Thanks for your response. I do have OverDrive loaded onto the Nexus. Maybe I need to "work through" that app? Local library has a "tech support afternoon" and the next one is Friday. If I don't figure it out by then I'll try that.
Rob
Rob, perhaps this video will be of help...

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
That video is pretty good! Nice to see it in action, at least.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote