Notices

Old 12-05-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
chris33
Enthusiast
chris33 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kobo libra 2
Question Import comments from file to record

Hi,
There is a way to replace the pdf, cbr... file of a book entry in calibre.
I plan to add annotation on files (pdf as a start) using my reader and then reimport the modified file.
I can achieve this with "add books /add files to selected book records".
Fowolling this, I will create a text file with comments for a particular record.
Is there a way to import text from a file in the comments section of an record ?
This would really be useful.
Thank you for your advices.
chris33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Assuming you mean import in bulk (i.e. many books) try the Import List plugin ==>> Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #3
chris33
Enthusiast
chris33 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kobo libra 2
Thank you but I finally switch to writing my own plugin.
Even if I lack finding a reference manual of existing classes/methods/attributes
chris33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comments in calibre, comments; request, import html, import/export notes, request