Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
plantedbypiggies
oink!
plantedbypiggies doesn't litterplantedbypiggies doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150
99 cent novel

I'm not sure if this is a fluke or not, but ereader.com is offering Last Watch for $0.99. This is the final novel in Sergei Lukyanenko's watch tetrology. I know that's a bit awkward, especially since the first three aren't out as e-books, but it's a really good series.
plantedbypiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Fluke, dead

When I went to your link last night, it showed 99 cents for the price, but when I added it to my cart, the price was $11.95, and now the link shows the $11.95 price.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
plantedbypiggies
oink!

That's a shame. Lukyanenko is a really good author.If you want to check out his work, there are some English translations on his website.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
Good tip
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
plantedbypiggies
oink!

Not sure how long will last, but the $0.99 deal is back.
Advert
Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #6
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
It's also 99 cents at Fictionwise, and only 76 cents after micropay rebate if you're in their club. I've not read the other books in the series, but thanks for the heads up!
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ---
argh, maybe I’m doing something wrong, but every time I add this book to the cart it changes from $0.99 to $11.95.
It seems Fictionwise doesn’t like me. Oh, well.
akwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
Annelise
Annelise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Cybook Gen3, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have the same problem as akwant. I tried choosing all/any of the various formats it's offered in, but all end up costing $11.95 rather than $0.99 once in my cart. I wonder why
Annelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:11 AM   #9
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Maybe you should drop an email at Fictionwise to ask them about this.
If it's a glitch, they should be able to fix it easily.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annelise View Post
I have the same problem as akwant. I tried choosing all/any of the various formats it's offered in, but all end up costing $11.95 rather than $0.99 once in my cart. I wonder why
Looks like the price went back up again. I wasn't especially interested in the book, but bought it yesterday when it was 76 cents again Here's the timestamp on my order/download:

2009-02-11 10:52:17.223

Today it's back up to full price...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #11
akwant
closed
akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.akwant has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well it sucks, doesn’t it? I don’t know about you but such incidents do really not help building my trust to Fictionwise.
By the way at Diesel-Ebooks it costs $8.69 and BooksOnBoard has it for $9.38

And no, I’m not going to buy it now because it’s the 4th book in the series. However, for $0.99 I’d just have bought it for later reads should I ever come to read the other ones, or whatever.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
Annelise

Something seriously weird is going on at Fictionwise. After I read what koland posted I went to Fictionwise and ran a search for "Last Watch". The results showed the file as costing $0.99, but when I clicked on it, the price adjusted to full price.

When I put that in my cart however, the price went back down to $0.99... so I bought it. If you are still interested akwant, I suggest you give it a try. It worked for me just now at 19:57, Feb. 12th 2009
Old 02-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
akwant
closed

now, how does this karma thingens work here...
Old 02-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #14
Annelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwant View Post

now, how does this karma thingens work here...

I'm glad it worked for you too!

Now if only they'd release the other books in the series so I could actually read it
Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
plantedbypiggies
oink!

The first book in the series, Night Watch, has been adapted into two movies, Night Watch and Day Watch. There are some slight differences in plot (as there always is), but the movies are actually fairly accurate to the story. If you have access to something like netflix or a good public library, I'd reccomend them as a way to get a gist of what Final Watch is about.

I'm with you, Annelise. I own the first 3 in trade paperback, but I'd really prefer to have them all in e-book form.