Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Device: none
K4NT Blank Screen - permadead?

Looks like now it's down for good. I was opening some PDF when the device started lagging like hell and then in a few seconds the screen went completely blank. After some tampering with hard reset I got a "boy under a tree", but the progress bar wouldn't move for hours, so after more tampering the screen went blank again. All I could get was the green light after pressing the power button.
I left it charging overnight, so I guess it's not the issue. I tried using Kubrick LiveCD, the first time it flashed the partition OK, but when it got to the part where you need to do stuff in diags mode, the screen was still blank. Now it won't even recognize the device in fastboot (or it wouldn't enter fastboot, I can't possibly know), all I get is amber light glowing when plugged into PC, no reaction whatsoever when unplugged.
Should I just give it up? Will making a service cable get me anywhere?
ghudod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
ghudod
Connoisseur
ghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toysghudod shares his or her toys

Also, I tried Mfgtools now.
It works with kindle diags and kindle main (screen still blank).
With kindle fastboot I get this error message:
failed to run command: type="boot" body="Recovery" file="fastboot.bin" timeout="10" onError="" text="Loading fastboot u-boot to device." ,The handle is invalid.
, Error code:6
Advert
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
ghudod
Connoisseur

A little update. It stopped giving me the error for some reason, and seems to enter fastboot from MfgTool, but after I choose the driver (Kindle-Fastboot.inf) it installs it, then all HID devices just disappear from device manager and the flasher does not recognize the device.
Also, a very strange thing. It appears in HID devices after I press the power button for a couple of seconds, without the LED turning off and pressing the "magic button".