Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #256
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm a bit conflicted seeing this is the penultimate chapter. on the one hand, oh ! the suspense ! finally, we'll find out how it turns out !! on the other hand, want moar storeeez !!!!!

SEQUEL......SEQUEL.......SEQUEL......Hey, I can do it....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #257
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
i'm a bit conflicted seeing this is the penultimate chapter. on the one hand, oh ! the suspense ! finally, we'll find out how it turns out !! on the other hand, want moar storeeez !!!!!
I am actually thinking of posting installments of what I'm writing for NaNo. I can't guarantee it will be a llounge story, but I can guarantee I can't write a straight story even if I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
SEQUEL......SEQUEL.......SEQUEL......Hey, I can do it....
ooooh please do :bounces:
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #258
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I am actually thinking of posting installments of what I'm writing for NaNo. I can't guarantee it will be a llounge story, but I can guarantee I can't write a straight story even if I want to.
yes please !!!!!

Quote:
i'm pretty sure that was a request and an example, not an offer. (i second the request by the way. is that enough to carry a motion, around here ? i think it is. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #259
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i'm pretty sure that was a request and an example, not an offer. (i second the request by the way. is that enough to carry a motion, around here ? i think it is. )
That's not how I chose to read it And yes,that is definitely enough to carry a motion round here
Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #260
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's not how I chose to read it And yes,that is definitely enough to carry a motion round here
yeah, i was pretty sure that was a deliberate choice on your part.

(motion carried anyway, though. )
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #261
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:

Ahem.... Perhaps you had better discuss this with the Yeti first......

(Two can play the misconstrue game, my dear....)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #262
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Ahem.... Perhaps you had better discuss this with the Yeti first......

(Two can play the misconstrue game, my dear....)
Old 10-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #263
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

And now, chapter 16...

---

Epilogue

Zelda and Chappie went back to the teashop, pausing only to deliver all the mail that was, surprisingly, still in the bag that was, even more surprisingly, still attached to the bike. After some trial and error, they got the acorn camera working, and Janey was in possession of the recipe again. Very unsurprisingly, she was overjoyed about this.

Superficially, the tea shop still looked the same, but closer examination soon revealed all the security measures the yeti had put in place. It had also been well and truly squirrel proofed. And the hiding place for the recipe was truly inspired.

Meanwhile, back at the ICC Mr Kipling and Mr Nutkin examine the room with the safe in. It very quickly became very clear that there was no way they would get the copy of the recipe back. They scour the room trying to find evidence of how this was done - the cctv footage only seemed to catch a pair of old socks, one with unusual markings, lying in the corner. Socks, it appeared, which were now no longer there.

Mr Nutkin stopped abruptly. Just under the safe he could see a stem of sorts. He tugged at it, and out slid a small pinwheel.

“Does this mean anything?” he asked

“A pinwheel! Blast!” exclaimed Mr Kipling (actually, Mr Kipling said a lot worse than that, but I’m aiming for a TV series out of this, and I’d like a pre-watershed slot.)

They raced outside, past the receptionist, just in time to realise that either the pair who had seen Mr Kipling had long gone, or they were hiding. A little dejectedly, they headed back in.

“Oh!” said the receptionist brightly as they walked back in “that looks like the pinwheel the madwoman had pinned to her shoulder along with a sock!”

Mr Nutkin and Mr Kipling looked at each other. Mr Kipling looked at the receptionist.

“Who makes the best tea around here?”

“We usually get the PNS courier bloke to make tea when he turns up. Makes it better than anyone, although it sometimes tastes a little nutty.”

Mr Kipling seemed oblivious to the glare both he and the receptionist were receiving from Mr Nutkin. Mr Nutkin then gave up glaring for a moment, and made a call on his mobile.

“Has he been today?”

The receptionist nodded.

“Very well. You!” he collared a passing visitor “A pot of tea for two in my office sharpish. And make sure it’s drinkable”

And he headed back into his office with Mr Nutkin.

As soon as the door shut, Mr Nutkin began pacing. Mr Kipling did also. Any onlooker would soon have realised that if choreographed pacing were ever to make it to the olympics, these two should be excluded at all costs.

“I have some info” Mr Nutkin said, “and I have a plan for revenge. That Zelda woman uses her computer to make things for a living. You’ve got an IT department, I assume?”

Mr Kipling nodded

“Good. They can do the sabotage of her computer then. Not enough to completely stop it, but enough to be a major annoyance. As for me, we’ll shrink and mat those socks once and for all.”
Old 10-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #264
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
And now, chapter 16...

---

Epilogue
*snif* but--but--but--but i don't want it to end !!!!!

Quote:
Superficially, the tea shop still looked the same, but closer examination soon revealed all the security measures the yeti had put in place. It had also been well and truly squirrel proofed. And the hiding place for the recipe was truly inspired.
squirrel-proofed, eh ? better keep that yeti nearby, he may well be the only person (yeti) on the planet capable of acheiving that.

Quote:
I’m aiming for a TV series out of this, and I’d like a pre-watershed slot.)
oh, excellent plan ! maybe that chap tennant is free. i could see him in the role of Chappie, for instance. not the yeti though, he's too short.

Quote:
“Oh!” said the receptionist brightly as they walked back in “that looks like the pinwheel the madwoman had pinned to her shoulder along with a sock!”
hm. looks like we've been unmasked, hey ?

Quote:
As soon as the door shut, Mr Nutkin began pacing. Mr Kipling did also. Any onlooker would soon have realised that if choreographed pacing were ever to make it to the olympics, these two should be excluded at all costs.
pff. no fear. we're still waiting for them to include sauntering, so as for synchronised pacing... don't count on that any time this millenium.

Quote:
“I have some info” Mr Nutkin said, “and I have a plan for revenge. That Zelda woman uses her computer to make things for a living. You’ve got an IT department, I assume?”

Mr Kipling nodded

“Good. They can do the sabotage of her computer then. Not enough to completely stop it, but enough to be a major annoyance. As for me, we’ll shrink and mat those socks once and for all.”
THE BASTICHES !!!!!! when did they get in here ??? why did those useless cats do nothing to stop them ??? and WHERE ARE HUGO AND LEFTY ?????

find out, in The Revenge of the Spotted Dick Pudding : the Sequel !
Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #265
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Of *course* such a good author would leave a few loose ends ..... so there can be a sequel!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM   #266
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Zelda will call on Montsnmags enterprises to install one of their retrospective firewalls. (This is one of the perquisites of Pinwheel royalty)
Montsnmags firewalls come with a built-in karma adjuster, so that any attempt to hack her computer leads to the hackers' computers being corrupted by whatever Adrian feels like at the time.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #267
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Zelda will call on Montsnmags enterprises to install one of their retrospective firewalls. (This is one of the perquisites of Pinwheel royalty)
Montsnmags firewalls come with a built-in karma adjuster, so that any attempt to hack her computer leads to the hackers' computers being corrupted by whatever Adrian feels like at the time.
oh, brilliant idea ! thanks patricia, ouf. i really have got to get to having done that.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #268
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

And we all know what happened with the attempt to shrink and mat the socks...
Old 10-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #269
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Of *course* such a good author would leave a few loose ends ..... so there can be a sequel!
:blushes: thank you
Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 PM   #270
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
And we all know what happened with the attempt to shrink and mat the socks...
of course we do, but tell us again anyway.