Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
www.mybookstoresandmore.com

www.mybookstoreandmore.com has just started selling the EB 1150!

They just upgraded their website and if you have previously purchased books through them you can now download them in other formats. In my case I had a number of books that I purchased in .pdf format and today I was able to download them in .imp format! Which is very nice.

Anyway thought I would share the news with the group.

Amy

Last edited by sassanik; 08-07-2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: updated link
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
www.mybookstoresandmore.com has just started selling the EB 1150!

They just upgraded their website and if you have previously purchased books through them you can now download them in other formats. In my case I had a number of books that I purchased in .pdf format and today I was able to download them in .imp format! Which is very nice.

Anyway thought I would share the news with the group.

Amy
You don't need to plaster this information all over the site. Posting in one place is the norm, not 4 or more as you have done. This becomes spam and will be removed. Don't do it again.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Apparently, an enthusiastic Enthusiast...

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-07-2008 at 10:58 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
what a grumpy guy

DaleDe- I would argue that most people just read one section of the forum, and not bother to dig around in the others.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
DaleDe- I would argue that most people just read one section of the forum, and not bother to dig around in the others.
But those of us who start into the forum with the "New Posts" option get bombarded when the same message is posted into multiple forum categories.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
But those of us who start into the forum with the "New Posts" option get bombarded when the same message is posted into multiple forum categories.
Aye, I'm one of "those of us", like you, Elsi. Also, Amy, as to "most people just read one section of the forum", the above technique often means I read most sections - half the time I don't even know which section I'm in. It's good though, as it gives me a broad oversight of all the different issues and enthusiasms of each area of focus.

I don't think Dale is being "grumpy" (well, maybe he is, I don't know. Are you being grumpy, Dale? I'll send you some icecream if so - that always cheers me up. ). I think he is just using his own "oversight" and experience to perceive a possible negative impact on the way other members peruse the MR forums, as Elsi mentions, plus the mod's are extremely sensitive to spam-like behaviour, with excellent reason, with the benefit that one rarely sees it (and half the time I go to report a "spam" post here, it's gone before I finish my report!).

Thanks for the link though. I'm sure it'll hit the right note for some folks.

(Elsi, I never see you in any of the Unutterably Silly threads, and they've always got "New Posts" in - you must have them filtered, yeah? ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I don't think Dale was being grumpy at all.

But I could be wrong. Should someone start a poll?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Isn't that the purpose of different forums? So that you know where to post? We understand your excitement and wanting to share. But once is enough.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:29 AM   #9
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I don't think Dale was being grumpy at all.
But I could be wrong. Should someone start a poll?
I think Dale's response was fine, up to the last bit - "Don't do it again".
It seemed to me a bit terse, possibly even curt tending towards the brusque (which should all be options in any putative poll imho ).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:19 AM   #10
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
(Elsi, I never see you in any of the Unutterably Silly threads, and they've always got "New Posts" in - you must have them filtered, yeah? ).
No filters. I read them, but rarely contribute to the mayhem.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 AM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
No filters. I read them, but rarely contribute to the mayhem.
I see...

"On the outskirts of every agony sits some observant fellow who points."
(Virginia Woolf)

Cheers,
Marc (with apologies for the "fellow" bit )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #12
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I see...

"On the outskirts of every agony sits some observant fellow who points."
(Virginia Woolf)

Cheers,
Marc (with apologies for the "fellow" bit )
First: I am not making this up

Now that that is out of the way...

Today at work (a major aerospace company formerly based in Seattle) my manager presented, and read aloud an illustrated short story called "pooper scooper".

It was about a dog that deposits a steaming pile of mother nature on a soccer field. That is American Soccer... I think the rest of the world calls it "football".

Anyway, in the story, for the rest of the day everyone pointed at the poop, and did their best to avoid stepping in, falling on, or face planting themselves into the pile of poo. But mostly they pointed at the poop, and said "tisk, tisk".

Finally one person saw the poop, scooped it up, deposited it in the trash, and became a hero of everyone else.

I think our manager wanted to instill in her charges the attitude of problem solving, rather than whining about difficulties they encounter.

In reality, for the rest of the day all of us mature wage slaves just started yelling "Poop!!", while pointing at their computer screen whenever we encountered a particularly nasty and inevitable screw up, or an obvious software or database problem.

"Poop!"

"Poop!"

This was the battle cry throughout my particular cube farm for the rest of the day.

I think my manager had a bad migraine before she left that evening.

Mission accomplished.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote