Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Bloglines is closing shop

Wow, I was shocked today to learn of the decision to end the Bloglines web-based RSS reader.

I've used it probably from about the time they first began. I was already planning to move some day to something else like Google Reader because of some problems I had when using Bloglines, but all in all they were in my opinion the easiest and most useful option by far.

The basic explanation was that other ways of staying informed, such as twitter, have created a falling demand for RSS feed reading and Ask.com is going to concentrate on their Q&A solution instead.

I guess that's the sort of thing that we see so often in the tech industry, but it still makes you pause and reflect when it happens. They were a great option when there weren't really many good options. And I'm sure that other services like Google Reader are better because of them.

Goodbye Bloglines. It's a bit sad to see you go. But it shouldn't be that big a deal for users, and there are ways to get the feeds list out, so that's a good thing.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I have two admissions:

1. I used bloglines for a couple of years.
2. I abandoned it for "my yahoo" and still use it.

I am doubly ashamed.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert