Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Bluebizzer
Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo
Line spacing Kobo store books

So I rushed out and got a Kobo from my local chapters Saturday, and have been reading a lot on it since. So far I've been loving it, for the most part it's exactly what I wanted in an e-reader.

My only big problem with it, is with the line spacing in the Kobo store books themselves. I first read some epub books that I already had and the spacing was great. After those I bought a couple from the Kobo store only to find the spacing in those are too far apart for my liking.

Since they seem to be locked in a separate area I can't just use Calibre to fix that, and the Kobo software has no options. Is there any way to change the spacing for the Kobo store books or will I have to use other places instead?

Would be a shame since the Kobo store prices and ease are great, but the spacing on them bugs my eyes.
Bluebizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
djloewen
Connoisseur
djloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
As of now, the device does two different things: it renders/displays an ePub if you load it through ADE (Adobe), or Calibre, or by drag/dropping it onto the device or a memory card in Windows Explorer. If, however, you sync a Kobo-purchased book through the Kobo software, then rather than using an ePub file it uses its own "optimized" version. My understanding is that this will be addressed/corrected in an update in the near future. In the meantime, try this: log into your Kobo account in a web browser, and download the ePub versions of your purchased books into ADE. From there, send them to your reader. Alternatively, if you're comfortable/familiar with removing the ADE DRM, you have other options as well.
djloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #3
Bluebizzer
Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo
Ah thank you, I didn't know there was a separate download for it.

I ended up doing that, DL'd one separately on the site, and transferred it over with ADE and the books now have proper line spacing, unfortunately this way has its own problem this time with the text being compressed to the center of the Kobo with wide margins on the sides.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to hope they add some options to change spacing or justification at one point. One more question I have though, for books synced with the Kobo software they show the page number only on the bottum, but in books transferred by Calibre or ADE I get little page numbers showing on the right margin as well, whats the deal with those?
Bluebizzer is offline   Reply With Quote