Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
delfy
delfy began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
TYN-91 Solar Charger ?

I came across following solar charger here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4799
and am considering giving it a try. Those are it's specs :

Quote:
Key specifications
- Solar panel capacity: 3Wh
- Built-in battery: 2000mAh
- Output voltage: 4.5V~9V (selectable steps: 4.5V, 5V, 6.3V, 9V)
- Output current: 1000mA max
- Unit weight: 216 grams
Will it be compatible with Sony prs-505 ? To me it seems so, but just wanned to make sure. Is the output current strong enough ?

anyone out there ever tried those ?

My main concern with such device is that it's Built-in 2000mAh rechargeable lithium battery will gain unnecessary heat whenever device gets exposed to sunlight. my common sense tells me it shouldn't be healthy for the battery. Am i wrong ?

best regards,
delfy
delfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I've used a different brand in the past and you should be okay as long as you have a tip that is compatible with the power plug. A sony reader will not charge from a general usb mini plug type charger. It will only do this from a laptop since it needs the actual driver installed to work correctly. I have seen some cables that go from a usb connection to the power plug advertised, but I haven't tried any of them.

In regards to the battery, I don't think you should have an issue with it being damaged from heat/sun.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
delfy, if you do try it, be sure and let us know how it works.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looks handy to use for my cell phone and mp3 player
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote