Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
richreads
Connoisseur
richreads began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Glo,
change 'Edit Metdata' window

Hi.
Is there some way to change the layout of the 'Edit MetaData' window?
I have a custom column i would like to get on the main tab rather than the second tab.
I seems to recall a thread a few months ago about this, but I am unable to find anything.

Also is there a way to set the the published date to a default when adding items?

Thank-you
richreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by richreads View Post
Is there some way to change the layout of the 'Edit MetaData' window?
I have a custom column i would like to get on the main tab rather than the second tab.
I seems to recall a thread a few months ago about this, but I am unable to find anything.
There are three layouts available. Go to Preferences -> Behavior -> Edit Metadata (single) layout and choose the one you want. A restart is not required, so you can experiment quickly.
Quote:
Also is there a way to set the the published date to a default when adding items?
Nope.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
richreads
Connoisseur

thanx for the answer - that's what i was looking for.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
thanx for the answer - that's what i was looking for.
You could bulk update Published Date.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
richreads
Connoisseur

That is what I'm currently doing.
I'm just working on setting up my comics in Calibre and thought that if I could set the published date to something like Jan 1900 by default then I could go and fix them later.
Right now I add the cb? files and then do a date:=today and do then do a bulk edit until I can get the correct published date later.
Not too much trouble T was just wondering if I could skip a step.

Thanx for the suggestion though.
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
That is what I'm currently doing.
I'm just working on setting up my comics in Calibre and thought that if I could set the published date to something like Jan 1900 by default then I could go and fix them later.
Right now I add the cb? files and then do a date:=today and do then do a bulk edit until I can get the correct published date later.
Not too much trouble T was just wondering if I could skip a step.

Thanx for the suggestion though.
You can automatically Add a TAG on all Add's (or a different on, if Add from ISBN)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
richreads
Connoisseur

I think it is easier to do the bulk edit on the pubdate. Then when I filter by pubdate:=1900 it shows the ones I need to update the published date which what I am working though.
I think if i set a tag I would end up have to remove the tag as I update the pubdate.
Two steps instead of one.
Thanx anyway.