Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
Is there anyway I can read LRF in iRex Digital Reader?

I know LRF is for Sony. But I have a lot of LRF resource already. I want to know does there any 3rd party software I can use to read LRF file in iRex Digital Reader?

I hate conversion. Maybe I should buy 505 just for LRF.
Thanks.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
No. BBeB (LRF and LRX files) is Sony's propriety format so only Sony devices support it. I don't think FBReader developers have any plans to support LRF either.

Conversion of LRF to ePub or Mobi is simple in Calibre and both these formats can be read on the DR1000. If you consider this too much of a hassle then a Sony PRS is the device for you.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre cannot convert LRF to any other format.

LRFTools (in another thread here on MR) can go to ePub or HTML for you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #4
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Calibre cannot convert LRF to any other format.

LRFTools (in another thread here on MR) can go to ePub or HTML for you.
Thanks for the correction JSWolf! I always assumed it converted LRFs to ePub but I guess I never tested it. Calibre comes with a command line lrf2html converter so you could use that followed by html2epub, right?
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
alxwang
Connoisseur
alxwang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, PocketBook 360
So the right conversion path will be use LRFTool to
LRF -> EPUB

Then use fbreader to read, right?

My LRF are all comics so I assume they are just pictures. So I think it worth to try.

Thanks.
alxwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
lrf2html is unfinished. So as of now, it doesn't work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote