Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-19-2009, 04:09 AM   #1
adamres
adamres began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin
Bebook can`t open epub file.

I am a usr form china.My english is poor.

I use this rom at my Bebook.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=243193

When i open mobi file.it can`t open it..

and I open epub file..it say can`t open this file.

but in another website i download epub book.it work fine.

thank you....
Attached Files
File Type: epub fantianzhiyan.epub (484.3 KB, 293 views)
adamres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Hmmm, doesn't open correctly in Adobe Digital Editions, which some consider the benchmark for epub rendering. The table of contents titles render correctly, but all the text of the book renders as question marks.

The embedded HTML files do appear to be UTF-8, which is the proper encoding. There must be something screwed up just a bit, putting it out of spec. I tried importing the individual files into calibre as a zipped html and re-converted to epub, but the problem persists. Someone with more knowledge of the epub format will need to comment.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
ADE doesn't have the neccessary unicode fonts to rende the contents of this book. It renders fine (as far as I can tell, not being able to read chinese) in the calibre viewer. As for why it doesn't work on the BeBook, since the beBook uses ADE, that isn't surprising.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
adamres
adamres began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin
thanks ldolse and kovid.

Are there any ways to solve them?

thanks again.
adamres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
look for the custom fonts for ade thread in the sony reader forums. Eventually, calibre will support embedding fonts in epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert