Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #1
MikeWV
Connoisseur
MikeWV began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Link Targets are Underlined on Kobo Touch

All of the internal link target anchors in my ebook are underlined and look like links on my Kobo Touch. For example: Link = <a href="TargetPage#xyz">Anchor Text</a>, Target = <a id="xyz">TargetWord</a> and what I see on my Kobo at the target location is TargetWord. The links are underlined too, as they should be, and they work.

The targets are not underlined in EPUBReader for Firefox or Sigil. Does anyone know if this is a known issue with the Kobo Touch and/or other readers and if so, if there is a work-around?

Thanks.
MikeWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWV View Post
The targets are not underlined in EPUBReader for Firefox or Sigil. Does anyone know if this is a known issue with the Kobo Touch and/or other readers and if so, if there is a work-around?
I don't know why the Kobo behaves this way, but you could fix this by putting both target <a> tags before the target text or use a single <a> tag:

Code:
Target = <a id="xyz"></a>TargetWord
or

Code:
Target = <a id="xyz" />TargetWord
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
MikeWV
Connoisseur
MikeWV began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Well, that's certainly a simple solution. It makes me wonder why we usually use a target word. I suppose it's probably a vestige of a former coding standard.

Thanks, Doitsu!
MikeWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You don't need to use an <a> element at all:

<p id="target1">You can add the "id" attribute to any existing element or add some <span id="target2">dummy element</span></p>
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote