Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
Brittanykiwi
Brittanykiwi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless Ereader
Kobo wifi ereader is frozen

Today I updated the software on my kobo wifi ereader. When I ejected from the computer after installing the update, it has been stuck ever since on the normal start up screen, with the loading bar at the bottom continiously loading. I has been this way for at least three hours now, on the same screen. A soft reset doesn't do anything as it just goes back to the start-up screen, and I can't do a hard reset because it won't change screens/start up, so I can't go into the menu. When I plug it into the computer it has no effect, and the screen doesn't change to the normal "do you want to manually manage books or keep reading screen". Because of this it is not connecting with my computer.

What can I do to fix this? Somebody please please help me.
Brittanykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Try a paper clip reset - there is a tiny hole in the back. Push an unbent paper clip and hold for a couple seconds.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you still need to do a factory reset: make sure the Kobo is off (recommended that you hold the power button on for 5-10 seconds to make sure it is powered off), push and hold the home button while you turn the Kobo on. That should cause it to factory reset. Normal cautions that this will delete whatever is on your reader etc. and you'll have to reload all your content.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Any books you have side loaded onto external SD card is not affected by factory reset.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote