Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 04:47 AM   #1
StageManageThis
StageManageThis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
Books won't transfer in series order

I have searched fairly extensively through the forums here, but I am new and there is simply so much info that I'm hoping someone will be willing to help me directly.

I have a brand new Nook Tablet and no matter what I do, I cannot get my series to go from calibre to the Nook in series order. The books definitely sort as such (they do transfer to my iphone in order) but nothing seems to make them transfer to the Nook in the correct order. I've tried various solutions that seemed to work for others on other devices without luck.

While I'm no programmer, I'm by no means computer illiterate, but I'm at my wits end and any help would be appreciated.

Attached are two screen shots - one showing the correct series sort in my library and the other to show how I've tried to sort.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 4.38.29 AM.png
Views:	234
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	79984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-12-16 at 4.38.43 AM.png
Views:	247
Size:	523.3 KB
ID:	79985  

Last edited by StageManageThis; 12-16-2011 at 04:53 AM.
StageManageThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StageManageThis View Post
but I'm at my wits end and any help would be appreciated.
Try setting up a metadata plugboard, see info in this sticky thread. Any of the mobi examples should work but change mobi to ePub and change device accordingly.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
StageManageThis
StageManageThis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
That seems to have done the trick, thank you so much!
StageManageThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StageManageThis View Post
thank you so much!
You're Welcome!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote