Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #346
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I'd like to reread Under the Volcano which I originally read back in the mid-808s. Author is Malcolm Lowry who wrote it in 1947. Don't know if that qualifies for public domain or not.

Can't find it in the Sony Store or any others.
It was renewed in 1974, so it's not in the public domain.

Had copyright been limited to the length of time it was copyrighted (and renewed) under, it would now be in the public domain. Feel free to offer curses in the direction of Sonny Bono's grave when you think about it.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #347
Anne Marie
Anne Marie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS600
KOKObooks

Thank you very much for the suggestion but kokobooks gives exactly the same problem. They do not sell to Belgium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Anne, in order to buy books from the Sony store, I understand you need either a US credit card or a Sony gift certificate. Members here can get gift certificates for you. Just post your request in the Sony forum or the Lounge.

I buy books for my Sony from Kobo which is based in Canada. Don't know if it would work but you might them. The link is http://www.kobobooks.com/
Anne Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #348
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This forum isn't the place to discuss buying eBooks; could you take the conversation to the "Freebies, Deals, and Resources" forum, please? We need to keep this "sticky" thread on topic.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #349
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Dante's "Inferno" aka "Divine Comedy Hell" was posted in LRF format here and here. (it's a big book, I guess.) I've switched machines since installing LRFtools and my conversion to MOBI isn't currently working. Can anybody easily convert these to MOBI for my Kindle? Purty please?!?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #350
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've already posted the complete "Divine Comedy", in several languages and illustrated...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #351
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've already posted the complete "Divine Comedy", in several languages and illustrated...
Ah -- thanks. I looked in the index under "Dante" and didn't see it. Then I search for "Inferno" and didn't see it. A new search under "Divine Comedy" found it. Thanks for telling me! Now to see if I can stomach it ..... (I feel like I really ought to try it ... a little!)
Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #352
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ah -- thanks. I looked in the index under "Dante" and didn't see it. Then I search for "Inferno" and didn't see it. A new search under "Divine Comedy" found it. Thanks for telling me! Now to see if I can stomach it ..... (I feel like I really ought to try it ... a little!)

i wish you luck !

i might have to try it again sometime - my first was not too successful, i'm afraid.

still the pictures are good !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:30 AM   #353
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Note that "Inferno" is only the first part of the Divine Comedy (though probably the most tasty one), there's Purgatory and Heaven too. And you could have searched for "Alighieri", Dante's surname
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #354
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Note that "Inferno" is only the first part of the Divine Comedy (though probably the most tasty one), there's Purgatory and Heaven too. And you could have searched for "Alighieri", Dante's surname
Yeah, right ..... like I knew THAT!

Actually, I went to "D" in the book index. A search might have gotten the result I wanted. The "D" index didn't, obviously.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:33 AM   #355
xaucian
xaucian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Looking for books by Jose Saramago..
i have Blindness
xaucian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #356
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaucian View Post
Looking for books by Jose Saramago..
i have Blindness
Mr. Saramago is still alive. His books are, therefore, very much still protected by copyright, and you won't find them legally "for free".
Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #357
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Could some nice, kind, wonderful.....formatter, please upload "The Life and Opinions of Tomcat Murr" by E.T.A Hoffman?

Loads of karma in return

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #358
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Do you mean that you'd like the German original? The only English translation appears to be the one by Anthea Bell in 1999 for Penguin Classics, which obviously is still in copyright.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 AM   #359
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Damnation! I assumed that, having been written so long ago, it would be out of copyright. I hadn't taken into account the copyright on the translation. Never mind.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 AM   #360
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's right - a translation has its own copyright, entirely independent of that of the original, so Anthea Bell's translation will be in copyright until 70 years after her death.