Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #136
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That's a lot of hoops to jump through. I use portable too in my Dropbox and just follow the upgrade policy from Calibre's site.
I've done that as well, but like I said, sometimes I add new things, columns and such, and I recently swapped from multiple libraries to just one, aside from the default - I don't use that, I just like to do it as it keeps me entertained. Although I'd love to be able to select multiple plugins at once and then press install, but if I were to just upgrade like it says in the manual obviously it wouldn't be an issue.

I do love this program, it's the best thing I've found!
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #137
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I personally use two different google urls with this plugin which I assign shortcuts to. I assign ctrl+I to the link that is both what dwanthny linked back to and I mentioned is included in the latest plugin version, which is google images > 400x300.

I also have another shortcut of ctrl+shift+I for a url which specifically looks for images of size 510x680 (the Overdrive size ones). I don't like the aspect ratio, but you can sometimes find a consistent set of images that are hard to pick out with the way google sorts images by default. Then I use a keyboard shortcut driven launch of Paintshop Pro via the Open With plugin to resize the image to the "correct" aspect with a couple of keystrokes.

What I *really* want but havent had the time to write yet is a "resize cover" plugin. It should let me configure multiple default sizes that I want to resize to and can assign keyboard shortcuts to. This would avoid the need to launch Paintshop Pro in the above workflow. Maybe one day...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM   #138
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I also have another shortcut of ctrl+shift+I for a url which specifically looks for images of size 510x680
That's kinda (by kinda, i mean exactly) what I was looking for... Probably should have said so in the beginning aye.

Quote:
What I *really* want but havent had the time to write yet is a "resize cover" plugin. It should let me configure multiple default sizes that I want to resize to and can assign keyboard shortcuts to. This would avoid the need to launch Paintshop Pro in the above workflow. Maybe one day...
That would be so cool! But yeah time is a factor, at least you know what you would like to do, and can put it on the someday maybe list lol.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #139
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
That's kinda (by kinda, i mean exactly) what I was looking for... Probably should have said so in the beginning aye.
This is the URL to search google for a specific size of 510x680:
Code:
http://www.google.com/images?as_q={author}+%22{title}%22&tbs=isch:1,isz:ex,iszw:510,iszh:680,islt:qsvga,imgo:1&safe=off
Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #140
Aleyst
Zealot

Thank you so much !!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:29 AM   #141
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
Quote:
This is the URL to search google for a specific size of 510x680:
Thank you so much !!!
Many thanks to both of you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #142
RsH
Enthusiast
RsH began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A and PC + RCA RCT6213W87M Tablet + FiGo telephone
Punctuation in title fouls up Internet search for book

Title:
Bug description:

Book Title: Quinn's Woman
Author: Susan Mallery
Do an internet search for details using FictionDB for Book and it will NOT find the book, because of the apostrophe in the title. If instead you search on the ISDN number, isbn:9780373302307 this book will show up.

The problem occurs with ANY book that has an apostrophe, exclamation point or question mark in its title. So clearly something is being miscommunicated in the query to FictionDB since the book IS in their database.

If you search for the author and then look at the list of the author's books the same book will appear, again with the apostrophe in its title in the correct place.

I am running Windows XP SP3 and the latest version of this plugin in the latest version of Calibre

To create the problem simply enter a book with this title, author and ISDN number and try the same things yourself.

The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap, isbn:9781599904528 is a second example of the same 'bug' and

Valor's Choice by Tanya Huff, isbn:9780886778965 is a third example of this 'bug'
RsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #143
kiwidude

Hi RsH,

Thanks for the example. I can see what is happening here, I just need to figure out what I am going to do about it

The problem is that at the moment the plugin is trying to pass the results of a quote_plus encoding of the values in the POST body of the html file generated. When instead I think perhaps the characters should just be "escaped" instead.

So at the moment the hidden form in the temporary file that gets submitted has a line that looks like this:
<input type="hidden" name="title" value="Quinn%27s Woman" />

When I think it should probably be like this:
<input type="hidden" name="title" value="Quinn\'s Woman" />

I'm guessing there is a Python function around to do this... will be a new release when I have it figured out.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #144
kiwidude

v1.7.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • When doing HTTP POST queries (like Fiction DB) do not encode the passed query values, just escape the quotes instead.

@RsH - please verify you are happy this resolves your issues. Thanks for reporting it.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:01 AM   #145
Aleyst
Zealot

I tested it with Rachel Caine's The Dead Girls' Dance.
No love.
Just said no results, searched the author on the site, and the book was listed there.
So... Not sure about that.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:14 AM   #146
kiwidude

But if you search using the website by title and put "the dead girls' dance" you get no search results either. So the problem is with FictionDB's search engine, not what is being passed to it
Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #147
Aleyst
Zealot

FictionDB fails
Old 09-24-2011, 05:49 AM   #148
kiwidude

I looked closer at what I had typed directly into the website and I had typed girl's instead of girls' which is why that gave no results. I created an empty book, set the author to be "Rachel Caine", the title to be "The Dead Girls' Dance" and tried this latest version of the plugin and it worked fine. So not sure why it did not work for you.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 AM   #149
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I also tested his example of Tanya Huff's book "Valor's Trial" and it works fine now.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #150
RsH
Enthusiast
RsH began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A and PC + RCA RCT6213W87M Tablet + FiGo telephone
Just tried it with
The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress by Lynne Graham
and got
There are no search results.
Did it via the author and got...

The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress HP-2621 CR Apr-2007

so it still isn't perfect... Using Search the Internet 1.7.1 so this IS the new version from this AM...
RsH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet