Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Amazon) Free books from Vook [post #25 for link to all Vook freebies]

Edit: Here's a search link for all Vook freebies instead, they're too many to list :

List

8 Step Golf Swing: #5 The Transition by Jim McLean

American Literature: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Oil Painting Basics: The Video Guide by Stephanie Sachs

8 Step Golf Swing: #3 3/4 Backswing by Jim McLean

8 Step Golf Swing: #4 Backswing Complete by Jim McLean

Last edited by arcadata; 06-10-2011 at 03:39 AM.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Golf Fine Tuning: Swing The Handle with Eddie Merrins by Eddie Merrins

Golf Make Up Of A Golfer: Swing The Handle with Eddie Merrins by Eddie Merrins

The Enlightenment: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Men's Style and Etiquette: The Video Guide by Dann Anthony Maurno

The Byzantine Empire: A Brief History by Charles River Editors
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Kettlebell Fitness: The Video Guide by Melanie Klesse

Everyday Pilates: From the Bottom Up by Alycea Ungaro

Run Your First Marathon: The Video Guide by Mark Moran

Ancient Art: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

iPad for Beginners: The Video Guide by Damon Brown
Old 06-10-2011, 03:37 AM   #4
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Jazz: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

ELLE: Beauty Sculpt starring Brooklyn Decker by Gaiam Inc.

The Civil War: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

The Middle East in the 20th Century: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Jerome Andrews Golf Swing Mechanics by Jerome Andrews
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

here's an Amazon search link for all the Vook freebies! Can't list them all!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 AM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
wow, there's a lot o.o
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Check out the download size of some of them. Amazon, or their mobile data provider, is so going to hate them!
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
How do the "video" ones work on the Kindle? Are they only readable on the Kindle PC app?
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
socal9
socal9 began at the beginning.

Device: waiting for kindle
Thank you very much! I missed out on the earlier deal when the Vook books were being offered for free.
socal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Can anyone tell me if most of these are a repackaging of the 101 books that were free a month ago? I.e., Political Science 101 = Political Science: A Brief History.

My laptop is doing 10 things right now, if I try to fire up K4PC and download something it may blow up. Just wondering if anyone who got the others have gotten some of these for comparison.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
How do the "video" ones work on the Kindle? Are they only readable on the Kindle PC app?
You can read the text portion on the Kindle. You need to view them on an iPad/PC to see the video.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #12
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Can anyone tell me if most of these are a repackaging of the 101 books that were free a month ago? I.e., Political Science 101 = Political Science: A Brief History.

My laptop is doing 10 things right now, if I try to fire up K4PC and download something it may blow up. Just wondering if anyone who got the others have gotten some of these for comparison.
I don't know if they're the same, but I started looking through the Psychology one last night and I am so unimpressed that I'm going to delete the rest of my Text Vooks. The "book" is exceedingly short (less than 50 pages, with lots of white space), and reads more like a "name-dropping" book where it breathily mentions like the Stanford Prison Experiment and the Little Albert experiment, but doesn't even begin to adequately explore the conditions around the experiment, or why they are important to know.

You would learn WAY more from a few minutes doing a Wiki Walk.

I can't say that the rest of the Text Vooks are similarly insubstantial, but I'm very disappointed with the product.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #13
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Free at Amazon.co.uk:
Jazz: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Ancient Art: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Political Science: A Brief History by Charles River Editors

Everyday Pilates: Up, Up and Away by Alycea Ungaro

The Renaissance: A Brief History by Charles River Editors
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, but I prefer a free headshot.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
Ryan_Phx
Enthusiast
Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Ryan_Phx once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2, Nook, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I don't know if they're the same, but I started looking through the Psychology one last night and I am so unimpressed that I'm going to delete the rest of my Text Vooks. The "book" is exceedingly short (less than 50 pages, with lots of white space), and reads more like a "name-dropping" book where it breathily mentions like the Stanford Prison Experiment and the Little Albert experiment, but doesn't even begin to adequately explore the conditions around the experiment, or why they are important to know.

You would learn WAY more from a few minutes doing a Wiki Walk.

I can't say that the rest of the Text Vooks are similarly insubstantial, but I'm very disappointed with the product.
After reading a couple of the history ones, I completely agree. Waste of time. I don't often say this, but the Wikipedia articles are better.

What we need is an app that saves Wikipedia articles in .epub format...
Ryan_Phx is offline   Reply With Quote