Old 09-24-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghentj View Post
Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know what the newest version of Pandora we can use that doesn't wack out the bluetooth functionality? I'll probably start with 1.4 that ptsenter had no issues with.
Actually, I upgraded to 1.5.3, that's why I gave that particular link. But don't see any differencies, fixes are probably internal.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #17
ghentj
ghentj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Thanks!

So just to make sure, 1.5.3 works without messing up the bluetooth, but the versions after that do?
ghentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #18
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghentj View Post
Thanks!

So just to make sure, 1.5.3 works without messing up the bluetooth, but the versions after that do?
I don't know about all versions. I know 1.5.3
is ok, 1.5.12 is not.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #19
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Wow you guys rock! Thanks so much for this Now I can move all my audiobooks and things off of my phone and use my tablet in my car instead WOOT integrated media MACHIIINE!

Now I just need to free up some internal space once I get my new sd card.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #20
SweetLilSierra
SweetLilSierra began at the beginning.

I have uninstalled the Pandora app and the Bluetooth still toggles on and off...someone help please!
SweetLilSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I'm glad you found this thread, Sierra! Too bad your answer isn't here. I can't help you myself, but wanted to welcome you to MobileRead and assure you that your questioon is being read. If you don't find the answer yourself by continuing to search this forum, someone who can help will likely be by shortly.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #22
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLilSierra View Post
I have uninstalled the Pandora app and the Bluetooth still toggles on and off...someone help please!
Did you shutdown and restart?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
SweetLilSierra
SweetLilSierra began at the beginning.

Yes it works fine now thanks...I'm going to see if the newest version of pandora works
SweetLilSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:27 PM   #24
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
As an FYI, I think I have tried pretty much every version of Pandora since 1.4.1 (including the latest) and still had the same problem. I've simply kept a copy of the 1.4.1 apk (which works great) around and keep reinstalling it after trying the new versions.

Good luck!
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
did anyone try turning off bluetooth for automotive setting in pandora? I installed 1.5.15 from market just now - bluetooth kept toggling on and off - turned off setting in pandora and now all is well.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #26
johnseeking
keeper of the cheese
johnseeking began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet (mine), 2nd Gen Kindle 3G (wife's), Literati (kids')
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
did anyone try turning off bluetooth for automotive setting in pandora? I installed 1.5.15 from market just now - bluetooth kept toggling on and off - turned off setting in pandora and now all is well.
Confirmed. Had the same wiggy Bluetooth issue. Went away when I downgraded to 1.4, and stayed gone when I upgraded to the latest version on Amazon, and switched off the automobile Bluetooth option. Thanks mucho, friend.
johnseeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:06 AM   #27
ghentj
ghentj began at the beginning.

Thanks for the extra Pandora info

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
I had given up on the newer versions of Pandora - at least now there's a much better workaround!
ghentj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #28
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
If you have Pandora installed go into the settings and turn off the automotive setting. That should stop the BT turning on and off. The paired, but not connected issue I'm still struggling with myself.
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #29
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
If you have Pandora installed go into the settings and turn off the automotive setting. That should stop the BT turning on and off. The paired, but not connected issue I'm still struggling with myself.
really?! thanks!!!
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #30
songoffire
songoffire began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
FYI -- the Slacker Radio App's Ford Bluetooth Sync function will cause the bluetooth to flap on and off just like the Pandora setting. It seems to be some sort of automotive app control function that the Entourage's do not like.
songoffire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth on off problem