Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #106
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
How much have you spent on the coffee, as a matter of interest? (serious question!)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #107
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Well, I have read 38 books cover to cover so far at Barnes & Noble for free, and my wife probably has read another 20 or more.

One of the features of buying a Nook is the ability to read free at any Barnes and Noble store for an hour. I live about a mile or so from a B&N store. I enjoy walking, I enjoy coffee in the morning, I love reading and having recently retired, so I can now combine all of these interests into a morning walk to B&N, a cup of coffee and a good read. A nice feature is whatever book you are reading will open to the correct page each subsequent vist.

So, between my wife and I, we have fully recovered our initial Nook Color investment and then some. And I now get to read all those books I have an interest in but was formerly not willing to pay the full price due to the back-log of unread books at home.

Did I mention, I like the coffee?
Now THAT is working the system!
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #108
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How much have you spent on the coffee, as a matter of interest? (serious question!)
Heh good point, although he might have gone to the cafe on his morning walk anyway and the free reading is just a bonus.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #109
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I think my ereader has cost me a lot.

I read more. More eye problems. Back problems. Neck problems.

Walk less to the library, book store.

My kindle and ipad have probably sucked 10years out of my life.

Oh well, I wasn't doing very much with it anyway.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #110
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Price for a cup of coffee?

One cup of coffee = one dollar sixty cents same as the local Starbucks I used to frequent on my way to the golf course in the mornings. Typical week five or six trips but always just one cup.

Also, I'm glad you didn't mention scones.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #111
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I've saved both lots of money and home space by e-reading. Think of all those huge tomes of classical novels and short story collections that are in my device.

Even buying ebooks from Amazon is cheaper than pbooks, aside from greasy used ones.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote