Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
timellis
timellis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Conversion - 'All quotation marks lost'!

When I convert a HTML or Word.doc in Calibre it loses all quotation marks at the Zip stage i.e. He said, 'Hey' and I've... comes out as He said, Hey and Ive! Any help resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. I've already played about with the 'Look and Feel' tick boxes with no change. Tim
timellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by timellis View Post
When I convert a HTML or Word.doc in Calibre it loses all quotation marks at the Zip stage i.e. He said, 'Hey' and I've... comes out as He said, Hey and Ive! Any help resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. I've already played about with the 'Look and Feel' tick boxes with no change. Tim
If you lose quotes at this stage it is because your character encoding isn't clearly defined. You have to go to the htmltozip file type plugin and enter the appropriate encoding and re-add the book. Read FAQ step 2.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
timellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you lose quotes at this stage it is because your character encoding isn't clearly defined. You have to go to the htmltozip file type plugin and enter the appropriate encoding and re-add the book. Read FAQ step 2.
Thanks for your response dwanthny. Unfortunately, I have no idea where the htmltozip file is or what you mean by enter the appropriate encoding! Tim
Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Preferences - Plugins - File type plugins - customize the html2zip plugin

Read FAQ step 2.

Update: Wiki character encoding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugin.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	70202  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-20-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
timellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Preferences - Plugins - File type plugins - customize the html2zip plugin

Read FAQ step 2.

Update: Wiki character encoding.
You're a genius, dwanthny! I've been struggling with this for hours and now its fixed - great. Thanks very much for your help. Tim
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by timellis View Post
Thanks very much for your help. Tim
You're Welcome, glad I could help.

Tags
conversion error, quotation marks