Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaC View Post
I'm having the same problem, and I didn't understand what you asked Corey Langner to do. What do you mean by "content outside html tags"? I've seen multiple questions about this and the answers are all so technical, I'm like, yeah, whatever. Maybe I'll click "no toc" ...

Thanks -- Alisa
Please follow Walt's advice (in the future, as this thread is now near the top of the list for now).

In (x)HTML code: there are naked words that are not wrapped in the proper HTML tags.
Code:
<blockquote> <p>words to show.</p></blockquote>
Blockquote expects a inner set of tags
<br /> must be inside a tag pair, not outside of it .

Mis-matched pairs are a No No <p> ... </P>
or
Code:
<p><b>not bold done right</p></b>
Conversion from one form to another is not always problem free. 95% it will run fine.
The other 4.9% you need to help it along
.01% of the time
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
AlisaC
AlisaC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC
Oh, that was great. Thank you for the link. Even though it is an old question, as new people do ebooks, it will keep popping up.

So I changed the <p class="chapter"> headings I was using to:

<h3 class="calibre6">
<a name="ch02" class="calibre9" id="ch02">CHAPTER 2</a>
<br class="calibre3"/><br class="calibre3"/>

changing chapter numbers, of course, and it worked beautifully in mobi. I didn't get a toc in Nook, though.

I'm wondering, if I want the "author bio" and "copyright" pages in the toc, what would I put in the code instead of the a name="ch02"? Even if I don't get a toc in nook, that would change the little "banner" headings at the top of the page to match the author bio, etc.

Thanks so much!

Alisa
AlisaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #18
AlisaC
AlisaC began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC
Actually, I did get a toc in Nook, but it doesn't have dedication, etc.
AlisaC is offline   Reply With Quote