Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #31
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Ectaco sell jetBook-Lite Leather case on their website

The price is $34.95

Last edited by Kris777; 03-20-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #32
jrl007
Enthusiast
jrl007 began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Shot Etaco an email, they confirmed the offer, left my review, sent Etaco my contact info, hopefully I'll get the case. I would NOT have left a positive review if I wern't totally in love with my JBL or if I'd had any of the problems (freezing, etc) that others have reported.

I lucked up on a pretty sweet leather organizer from Target that makes a nice zippered case for the JBL. Took the guts out of the case, added some velcro and it works pretty good, but if I can get a custom case, hey, I'm only out $10.
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #33
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
AFAIK the rules on this are:

A company may offer a reward for a review, and they may offer it specifically for a good review, however it is required under FTC guidelines that the review state that this transaction took place.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #34
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I probably would not have left a review if I hadn't seen the offer that was posted on here; not because I don't like the jbl (I gave an honest review), but because I don't usually review anything. Like most people, I am more apt to give a review if I have problems with something rather than if I like something. I think that is very common and that is the reason that when I read poor reviews on some item I take them "with a grain of salt".
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #35
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
I was also told that they are going to do the same thing for the regular Jetbook as soon as they are done with this promotion. I told them to put me down for that one as well, as I'd like to have an 'official' JB case for my regular JB.
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #36
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I submitted my review on Friday, but it still hasn't been put up yet.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #37
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Any one gotten theirs yet?
S
Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Best Regards,

Boris Krol,
Product Manager,
ECTACO, Inc.
Tel. 718-728-4130
Fax 718-728-4023
mailto:borisk@ectacoinc.com
http://www.ectacoinc.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
Here is the letter, with the email address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
Every contact that I have had with them have been from/to ectaco.com.
Something seems very fishy. I'd be even more suspicious if the folks at ectacoinc.com wanted personal information such as full name, credit card number, DOB, or SSN for "verification purposes only" before they could send the case.

If it is a phishing e-mail, be careful! It's illegal, and could cost you big bucks and lots of headaches if you play along. On the other hand, if it's genuine, Ectaco is using shady marketing practices.

Smells more like phishing to me.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #39
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Something seems very fishy. I'd be even more suspicious if the folks at ectacoinc.com wanted personal information such as full name, credit card number, DOB, or SSN for "verification purposes only" before they could send the case.

If it is a phishing e-mail, be careful! It's illegal, and could cost you big bucks and lots of headaches if you play along. On the other hand, if it's genuine, Ectaco is using shady marketing practices.

Smells more like phishing to me.
Do a whois lookup on both ectaco.com and ectacoinc.com, you'll see the contact details are identical. Doesn;t look like a phishing site.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #40
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
ectaco.com, ectacoinc.com and jetbook.net websites belongs to Ectaco so I see
no reason to worry...
I received the reply that my jetBook-Lite case will be shipped by USPS begin of this week so I hope to get it by Fri
Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #41
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I received a mysterious email from Ectaco today, mysterious or unintelligible anyway. Clearly the writer's native tongue is not English.

Apparently she thought that I was making a complaint about customer service instead of posting a review! I told her to post the review already!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:06 AM   #42
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I got mine, no worries there. I was just wondering if anyone else had realized it didn't open like a book, it is just a slide in case. I thought you would be able to have the case on while using, making it book like. Eh, for free I can't complain!
S
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #43
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Do a whois lookup on both ectaco.com and ectacoinc.com, you'll see the contact details are identical. Doesn;t look like a phishing site.
Thanks for that!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #44
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
Got mine today as well. It's a slip-cover-style case, but it'll work just fine. Kind of wish it was more like the regular Jetbook case they sell, and opened book-like, but like Silverraven said, it was free .
Old 03-23-2010, 09:51 AM   #45
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
It's a slip-cover-style case
That's a bit of a disappointment, but at least it will protect it while not in use. I take it the sides must be elastic in order for the battery pack to fit into it.
Closed Thread