Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #46
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
There is NO WAY one can buy thousands of consumer products from Apple or Nexus.
The Google Play Store has the Amazon app, which has the same features as the shop tab on the fires, including lightning deals and one click(tap?) ordering.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #47
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
The Google Play Store has the Amazon app, which has the same features as the shop tab on the fires, including lightning deals and one click(tap?) ordering.
Yeah, you can certainly buy things from Amazon on any device. The presentation might be better on Kindle devices but all the same stuff is there.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #48
richbrown68
richbrown68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I certainly do. And no the Nexus 7.2 nor the iPads have these obvious and annoying advertisements. But I see some people are so blindly in love with Amazon that they cannot see these ads, but they are definitely there!
I still have no idea what you're talking about. I just spent fifteen minutes on my HDX TRYING....REALLY TRYING.....to get something that says "Buy Me" or "Shop Here" to come up on my screen, and I got nothing. The only way I get any indication that anything is available to buy is if I go into the clearly-marked Amazon shops. Maybe you can tell me how to duplicate this experience so I can be miserable right with ya?
richbrown68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #49
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrown68 View Post
I still have no idea what you're talking about. I just spent fifteen minutes on my HDX TRYING....REALLY TRYING.....to get something that says "Buy Me" or "Shop Here" to come up on my screen, and I got nothing. The only way I get any indication that anything is available to buy is if I go into the clearly-marked Amazon shops. Maybe you can tell me how to duplicate this experience so I can be miserable right with ya?
I don't see any "ads" but there are links to the store on almost every menu and there is the recommendations under the wheel.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #50
richbrown68

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
I don't see any "ads" but there are links to the store on almost every menu and there is the recommendations under the wheel.
The recommendations under the Carousel, you can turn off (for free, I might add), by going to Settings >Homescreen and then disabling them.
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #51
mcrow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrown68 View Post
The recommendations under the Carousel, you can turn off (for free, I might add), by going to Settings >Homescreen and then disabling them.
Oh.. and of course there are ads when the device goes to sleep unless you buy out of it.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #52
richbrown68

...Actually it's Settings > Applications > Home Screen, and from there you can disable the recommendations beneath the Carousel.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
Oh.. and of course there are ads when the device goes to sleep unless you buy out of it.
I actually like those much better than the Kindle eInk ones.

It's all the shop stuff I mention earlier that screams buy me or buy this that is annoying.

Sometimes Amazon gives us a good deals on the lock screen ads they use to on Kindles too I have 3 Special Offers Kindles and it's been forever since they had a special offer for it. I expect some new Special offers to show for the KF after Christmas.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #54
mcrow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I actually like those much better than the Kindle eInk ones.

It's all the shop stuff I mention earlier that screams buy me or buy this that is annoying.

Sometimes Amazon gives us a good deals on the lock screen ads they use to on Kindles too I have 3 Special Offers Kindles and it's been forever since they had a special offer for it. I expect some new Special offers to show for the KF after Christmas.
I don't mind the lock screen ads, like you said sometimes there are good deals there and sometimes I like the pictures.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #55
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
From humble beginnings. Just three years since Amazon entered the arena, the crown is passed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I can see now why everyone is raving about it and saying it's better than the Ipad Air.

The 8.9 does not use Blue LEDs it uses white and the difference is HUGE!
The Street 4/27/12...

Quote:
Kindle Fire is doing exactly what Jeff Bezos intended for it to do. It is not competing with Apple's iPad. If Tim Cook does what Steve Jobs considered unthinkable and produces a mini-iPad, I hope Jobs's wife pleads with the board to fire Cook. Steve would have wanted that. Under Jobs, Apple never reacted to perceived threats. And, in this case, they would be reacting to what is the farthest thing from a threat.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #56
Nev
Nev began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7 Sony PRS650
There is no gravity - the earth sucks!
Nev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #57
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The LG G Pad 8.3 and the Google Edition? Either one is aces in my book over their choice.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #58
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
It is not competing with Apple's iPad.
It is now. The Fire is going head-to-head with the iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmU7V3SFgaw
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #59
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It is real close between the Fire 8.9 HDX and G Pad 8.3. I highly recommend either especially if you want a larger screen. Both are top notch devices.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #60
robertc88
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It is now. The Fire is going head-to-head with the iPad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmU7V3SFgaw
They will have to change the price since it is now $349.

Best media consumption device currently on the market IMHO for the dollar spent. 7 inches are just too small for games and watching video. Go big or go home!