Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
K4PC help please...

I feel a fool - where/how do I get the latest K4PC update please ?
All I seem to find refers to Kindle hardware.
I think it's 1.8.3, now they've decide 1.9.1 has a glich.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
1.9.2 is out and fixes the glitch that 1.9.1 and 1.9.0 had. You should be able to just download the latest from Amazon.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I feel a fool - where/how do I get the latest K4PC update please ?
All I seem to find refers to Kindle hardware.
I think it's 1.8.3, now they've decide 1.9.1 has a glich.....
Here is a link to Amazon's site for the reading app downloads.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000493771

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Alternatively, go to Tools / Options / General, and enable the auto update option. That way, you'll always have the latest version (whether you want it or not).

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thankk you one and all .

Many thanks Diap & Sadie - I now presume I have 1.9.2.
How do I check which version I have ? It doesn't appear on the download.

And Mike - thanks,but I deliberately disabled the auto at about 1.4 when the possible blocked cleaning tool situation came up ......
I'd rather wait for clearance from MR before taking any updates - on practically anything, actually !
Advert
Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Before you install?
On Windows, if you hover over the install program with your mouse, a yellow informational pop-up box (Tooltip) should show you the file details—including the version number. Or right click and go to the details tab (on newer versions of Windows anyway).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-18-2012 at 08:13 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Many thanks Diap & Sadie - I now presume I have 1.9.2.

And Mike - thanks,but I deliberately disabled the auto at about 1.4 when the possible blocked cleaning tool situation came up ......
I'd rather wait for clearance from MR before taking any updates - on practically anything, actually !
What DiapD said to check the file before you install. Although I've never gotten the popup on hovering the mouse over the install file. I always right click and go to properties and then details.

If you want to check after you install, open K for PC and go to 'help\about kindle' and it will give you the version number.

Carol

Last edited by sadievan; 03-18-2012 at 08:10 PM.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard

Again, appreciations...