Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Bear 100
Enthusiast
Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony T1
T1 Scratches

My Christmas T1 has been loading books right and left. I am addicted.

I left the T1 on the kitchen table, and my grandson decided use a spoon on the T1. Luckily the damage was limited to scratches on the edge of the unit. Unfortunately the scratches were deep and highly visible on the glossy surface. Grandson is fine, and knows not to touch the T1 and Grandpa's grape juice.

After panicking, I took some automotive fine scratch (Megiuares) remover and a soft cloth. Keep rubbing and the scratches, are almost invisible.

Thought I would pass it on.
Bear 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
This is why they make protective skins.

Decalgirl
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Sony rather should use protective frame materials...

Nevertheless good to hear that polishing is possible.

Bear 100:

Which colour is your T1?
Did the deep scratches reveal other colours below the surface?

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Bear 100
Enthusiast
Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bear 100 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony T1
The acrylic, like almost all (I am an engineer, this is standard), is solid color. The scratch remover simply removes some of the acrylic material, and if you use a fine one it leaves the surface glossy.

I get the point of decals, but I purchased my T1 for $90 with shipping, adding a $20 decal is a tough economic choice. I also believe that my grandson would have scratched the decal and I would have been left with the same problem, plus a ruined decal.

As money is tight I would rather use the money to get a library subscription to Philadelphia, and get more books. The point of an e-Reader is reading.

All devices will get scratched with use. As per my wife (fountain of all knowledge) the more you like something, the more you use it the more it gets worn. Good to know that the Sony scratches can be removed easily.
Bear 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Good to hear that the frame is made of solid coloured material. Especially for the red one I feared surface colouring.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear 100 View Post
....As per my wife (fountain of all knowledge) the more you like something, the more you use it the more it gets worn.....
Karma for you for aknowledging this evidence !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote