Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free (Amazon Android App) Angry Birds Rio

As promised, Amazon has launched its Amazon Appstore for Android and is offering this promo "Get a great paid app for free every day"

Angry Birds Rio by Rovio Mobile is the free app for today. There's also a listing HERE of other free Android apps.

Quote:
Download restrictions:
• AT&T is working on enabling purchases from the Amazon Appstore in the near future (Learn more)
• Amazon Appstore is only available to customers located in the United States
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
boo not available in my region.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Has anyone with a Nook Color gotten the amazon android app to install? I can't do it.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Has anyone with a Nook Color gotten the amazon android app to install? I can't do it.
I got it running on my rooted Nook Color

I went into Nook Tools and verified that allow non-market apps was checked.

I then went to http://amzn.to/gettappstore in my browser (DolphinHD). Please, note that it won't install from within the browser.

I opened Astro File Manager, navigated to my download folder and double-tapped the app. The option to install came up, I installed the app, logged into my Amazon acc't and it worked.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You have to root the nookcolor in order to run apps other than those in the (non-existent) B&N appstore...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You have to root the nookcolor in order to run apps other than those in the (non-existent) B&N *appstore*...
Buzz - you left out the *appstore* (tm)

And back on topic - if one were to think they might get an android device, can this app just be downloaded for secure storage for later?
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Apple's is "App Store", Amazon's is "Appstore" -- technically the first would not qualify for trademark protection, as it is a utilitarian description of the function (if they want to claim that they trademarked "app", they'll have quite a fight on their hands ... applet, perhaps, but no one uses it, just the slang for "application" that they want to claim as their own). B&N's "AS" is invisible, in any case.

I'm not sure if you can buy the app without registering a device. When I clicked, it wanted my cell number or email address and the first thing it did was load the Amazon Appstore App -- then, it let me get the game itself. You might could try with an email address and see if it will let you grab the game without actually installing the Amazon app.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
...(if they want to claim that they trademarked "app", they'll have quite a fight on their hands ... applet, perhaps, but no one uses it, just the slang for "application" that they want to claim as their own).
Not even "applet"

Welcome to Liberty Orchards!

Quote:
We're the makers of Aplets & Cotlets, America's favorite fruit-and-nut confection. Our company was founded by two enterprising Armenian immigrants who settled in the little town of Cashmere, located in the heart of the Washington State orchard country. In 1920 they created Aplets, made with apples and walnuts grown in local orchards.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even though this is day two of Amazon's app-a-day giveaway, AB Rio is still available for free. Just click the banner above today's free app (World Series of Poker).
Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Hey, I will only be about 40 miles from their location on today's cross-country ski trip. Not a bad, quite sweet, confection.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Hey, I will only be about 40 miles from their location on today's cross-country ski trip. Not a bad, quite sweet, confection.
Nice Christmas gifts. I usually get several boxes from Costco. Two or three pieces and I've had my fill until next Christmas.

I love visiting the area; especially Leavenworth in the winter.

Enjoy the skiing.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
FF2
Wizard

The skiing was not too great but the weather was perfect. Years ago on a bike ride we visited the applets and cotlets factory. I think they have since moved.

The friend I went skiing with today owns a small place in Leavenworth so I get there often enough. Some great hiking in the area.

Are you from this general vicinity? I'm in Seattle.

And again, straying almost on topic, on the drive over this morning, we did discuss the Blackberry tablet since I have a BB phone and reader apps and readers.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
The skiing was not too great but the weather was perfect. Years ago on a bike ride we visited the applets and cotlets factory. I think they have since moved.

The friend I went skiing with today owns a small place in Leavenworth so I get there often enough. Some great hiking in the area.

Are you from this general vicinity? I'm in Seattle.

And again, straying almost on topic, on the drive over this morning, we did discuss the Blackberry tablet since I have a BB phone and reader apps and readers.
At least you got out and had some good weather. I haven't had much of a chance lately. I love the Cascades; especially around Mt Rainier and Mt St Helens.

I'm in the Seattle Metro area.

Today's free app is Doodle Jump. Looks to be a nice tilt game for kids.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Can these freebies be downloaded now if you don't have an Android gadget yet (for future use?)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote