Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #121
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I'm a moderator on this forum now (since yesterday). Sorry, still have to get used to carefully checking which buttons I use
How come your name isn't in "moderator green"?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #122
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
I'm from Spain and I've just done it. In www.amazon.com change your country to a valid U.S.A. address (google how to get one, it's easy). Later use this address in your payment method. In "Manage my Kindle" you'll have the option to unsubscribe the special offers. Once you have complete the process you can back to your original address in your account and payment.
Sorry to continue the off topic - but I don't see any place to pay to remove the Special Offers? I looked around Manage My Kindle and did not see anyplace to disable it, even after a payment.

Found the location - finally!

Last edited by FF2; 12-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #123
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
How come your name isn't in "moderator green"?
Green designates core team members, who have more duties than forum moderators.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #124
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Green designates core team members, who have more duties than forum moderators.
list is here
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #125
mano42
mano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to beholdmano42 is a marvel to behold

Device: k3, k4, k5, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
There are reports that amazon will remove ads for free if you live in a country where ads are not supported.

I can confirm this, I sent an email to amazon how to pay the fee to remove the ads if I don't have the option in my account, and I recived an email telling me they removed ads for free, and endeed, after turning on the PW the ads are gone... For free
mano42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 06:32 AM   #126
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Welll... Okay then.. Talk yourselves down the toilet again.

Don't come crying. Last post on the matter. I tire of the stupidity.

"And Amazon is a magical animal that makes 6 types of meat." Bleaugh.

Throw rocks, see If I care. I won't be back.

Last edited by twobob; 12-06-2012 at 07:44 AM. Reason: *ignore Thread* - Yep it made the "Omfg, learn!" list
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #127
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Welll... Okay then.. Talk yourselves down the toilet again.

Don't come crying. Last post on the matter. I tire of the stupidity.

"And Amazon is a magical animal that makes 6 types of meat." Bleaugh.

Throw rocks, see If I care. I won't be back.
Hey, whatever it is that you smoked, I want some of it!

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #128
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hey, whatever it is that you smoked, I want some of it!
While looking in his storage for holiday decorations, he came across some of his Beatles Memorabilia.
Some things just improve with age.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #129
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
SUCCESS !!!

Thanks ixtab !!!!

and thanks to geekmaster too for the files, to twobob (I'll need to send him a PM now as he is ignoring the thread ???) and knc1 for the peptalk.

Last edited by aceflor; 12-06-2012 at 07:34 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #130
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Careful, 5.3.1 is just out apparently.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #131
SeNS
Enthusiast
SeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enough

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Careful, 5.3.1 is just out apparently.
He-he, it's time to start betting ixtab vs Amazon I bet on ixtab!
SeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #132
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeNS View Post
He-he, it's time to start betting ixtab vs Amazon I bet on ixtab!
Thanks

But no, this version is just an "incremental" version of 5.3.0. I don't know what the differences are yet, but they're probably minor.

I just checked it, and the jailbreak works just as fine with 5.3.1 as it does with 5.3.0.

Anyway: thanks a lot @aceflor for even letting us know that there was a new version.

Last edited by ixtab; 12-06-2012 at 05:00 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #133
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The new update seems to break the Collections Manager Kindlet for me unfortunately, even after having applied the Kindlet Jailbreak again :/, the screen freezes at www.ixtab.tk, context menu seems to display properly but doesn't work functionality-wise. Just a warning for people still running 5.3.0 and using the Collections Manager Kindlet extensively.

Last edited by cryzed; 12-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #134
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
The new update seems to break the Collections Manager Kindlet for me unfortunately, even after having applied the Kindlet Jailbreak again :/, the screen freezes at www.ixtab.tk, context menu seems to display properly but doesn't work functionality-wise. Just a warning for people still running 5.3.0 and using the Collections Manager Kindlet extensively.
I can confirm, same here.
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #135
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Looks like Amazon's Java obfuscator is non-deterministic.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote