Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
ducduke
ducduke began at the beginning.

Device: 902
Deleting Books

I have a 902; how do I delete all the books included in the purchased Pocketbook?
ducduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Select the folder with the 4 way then click and hold the ok then choose delete. alternatively connect to e
the PC with the cable , navigate to the folders and delete them en masse
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Select the folder with the 4 way then click and hold the ok then choose delete. alternatively connect to e
the PC with the cable , navigate to the folders and delete them en masse
I guess the "logic" of the device wants you to use the first method, but it will be a real pain deleting hundreds of books in this way.

The second method is far more effective. But it may have the disadvantage that you can't access your library afterwards. It happened to some people here (to me, too) but obviously not to all.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

? i have deleted most of the books from my 902 without any difficulty accessing the library after. I have added and subtracted books since with no issue. also did it with the 602 I sent my mother

what problem have you had accessing the library? can you link to this issue where its discussed? i havent read it yet.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The issue was discussed shortly here in the bug report (post 146, 147):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80381

and in other threads, too, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the German part. I myself had the problem only in the beginning, when the point "library" from the main menu brought me to the library and not to folders. Since I'm only using the folder view the problem doesn't occur anymore. I can imagine that after deleting some books the system is calculating the database anew and that this needs some time. As I said before, only some users mentioned this problem.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard

hmm. must be something with the European firmware