Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #1
chribonn
Junior Member
chribonn began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2014
Device: Moon+ Reader
Read PDFs on multiple devices

Hi,

I have a number of PDF that I would like to read on multiple devices (my devices are Windows 7 x 64 machines and Android Tablets).

My preferred tools of choice for the two platforms are Adobe Acrobat on Windows and Ebookdroid / Repligo on Android.

Can anyone please recommend a transparent solution that allows me to achieve the above.

Thanks.
chribonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DaleDe's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,616
Karma: 5071748
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribonn View Post
Hi,

I have a number of PDF that I would like to read on multiple devices (my devices are Windows 7 x 64 machines and Android Tablets).

My preferred tools of choice for the two platforms are Adobe Acrobat on Windows and Ebookdroid / Repligo on Android.

Can anyone please recommend a transparent solution that allows me to achieve the above.

Thanks.
It would be useful to say what you are trying to achieve. There are hundreds of apps available for those two OS's. They will all work on a PDF so you can easily read the same PDF copied to any number of applications. I would take it that you know that. So what is it that you really want? Shared bookmarks perhaps or shared notes or possibly something else?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
chribonn
Junior Member
chribonn began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2014
Device: Moon+ Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It would be useful to say what you are trying to achieve. There are hundreds of apps available for those two OS's. They will all work on a PDF so you can easily read the same PDF copied to any number of applications. I would take it that you know that. So what is it that you really want? Shared bookmarks perhaps or shared notes or possibly something else?

Dale
Dale,

I am trying to work through a PDF book on multiple devices. If for example I read through page 100 on one device and save my position as a bookmark I want to be able to open the same PDF on the another device search for the saved bookmark and continue from there. When I update my position the change reflects if I open the PDF elsewhere.

Same reasoning applies to other PDF functionality such as highlights, notes, etc.

I am looking for a transparent solution that does automatic syncing.
chribonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DaleDe's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,616
Karma: 5071748
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grass Valley, CA
Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Thanks, I think dropbox may the the answer. Windows devices can use the dropbox application to access the online database and you can then open the file in any Windows based PDF reader. I do not have an Android system but my iPad version of dropbox can view PDF inside the dropbox app itself. Thus they would both be accessing the exact same file. Of course you must be online for this to work. PDF stores bookmarks inside the file itself so you should be all set. Other cloud apps may work similarly.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #5
chribonn
Junior Member
chribonn began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jan 2014
Device: Moon+ Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Thanks, I think dropbox may the the answer. Windows devices can use the dropbox application to access the online database and you can then open the file in any Windows based PDF reader. I do not have an Android system but my iPad version of dropbox can view PDF inside the dropbox app itself. Thus they would both be accessing the exact same file. Of course you must be online for this to work. PDF stores bookmarks inside the file itself so you should be all set. Other cloud apps may work similarly.

Dale
Thanks. Will give it a try.
chribonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cloud storage, ebookdroid

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple Devices LH07 General Discussions 4 08-25-2013 11:03 AM
Multiple libraries Multiple Devices Marianne527 Library Management 2 12-03-2012 04:04 PM
Multiple Devices poko77 Devices 2 04-28-2012 11:04 PM
Syncing last page read between multiple Kindle devices? johneveryman Calibre 14 08-04-2011 11:29 PM
Multiple Devices? wheezrite Devices 6 06-24-2011 09:08 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.