Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 11-23-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Worts, George F.: The Gold Coffin Murder Case. v1. 23 Nov 08

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATTED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/book/14244/Go...rder_Case,_The

Here's a quote from a reader at Amazon:

I've heard about the legendary Gillian Hazeltine lawyer-dectective series, but never had the opportunity to read them before. They are delightful, fast-reads, clean and wholesome, if you like Carr, or Christie or Gardner, you will love these novels! They mix humor and mystery and the hero is no handsome superman. The way he wins some cases would shock Perry Mason. The book's promotional copy describes this one well: "Gillian Hazeltine finds ends up with an explosive mixture on his hands. His client is a socialite famed for socking frolicsome dates in the jaw; his assistant is a box-office superstar with an LLD determined to prove he's not just an actor; his opponent is the defendant's former lover-an man now ruthlessly determined to prove her guilty. It's 1934, gold prices are soaring and the federal government has called in all its gold coins. But Waldo Chine, a wealthy client of Hazeltine's, has set up afurnace in the basement of his niece's home and is melting down coins-then reselling the gold to the mint as newly mined metal. Then Waldo Chine's ashes are founded embedded in an enormous block of gold. Suspicion points to Chine's heiress and niece, Brenda, whose emeralds are discovered in the gold among his ashes. Fowler Shank, a foundry operator who confesses to assisting Chine in his scheme, claims Brenda hit the old man over the head, shoved him in the mold and released the molten gold to destroy the body. Gillian agrees to defend Brenda, only to find the man charged with prosecuting Brenda is Stewart Noon, her former fiancée, now convinced of her guilt. His defense is complicated by the presence of Dale Torrent, a movie star with a law degree, who Gillian had promised could share in his next case. The unskilled Torrent has fallen for Brenda, and insists on handling the defense himself. Can Gillian untangle the clues in time to identify the real killer, and if he does, can he get anyone to believe the truth? Here's a mystery with a comic twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat."

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote