Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #226
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
ON SALE 99 Cents:

Texas Lover (Wild Texas Nights, Book 2) by Adrienne deWolfe
Genre: Historical Western Romance
Former Publisher: Bantam (1997)
Note: Book One is still FREE. $0.99 at B&N.
Note: Book Two is also on Sale at iTunes & B&N.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-17-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #227
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
IIRC, the deWolfe book is out from ePublishing Works and you can get them cheapest at Books on Board with the sale discounts and the Reward Bucks.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #228
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
IIRC, the deWolfe book is out from ePublishing Works and you can get them cheapest at Books on Board with the sale discounts and the Reward Bucks.
If you want book 3 it's $2.67 there.
Note: B.O.B. charges a $0.25 transaction fee for under $3 purchases
Note: You may be charge a Foreign transaction fee by your Credit Card. I use Paypal to get around that.

I also found out Book Two is also on Sale at the Nook Store for 99 cents. If you want Book one it's not free at B&N but it's 99 cents which is close.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #229
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I just joined the end of July (like a few weeks ago), so how will renewal work for me? Can i "pre-renew"? extending my membership to a year ending end of july 2013? or is this only for people who are nearing the end?

I actually have bought other books in DANL other than the free downloads, even buying a few Heyer books so I'll be delighted to remain a member as long as they'll keep me!
I received an email this morning about my renewal. It stated the renewal price would remain $9.99 and. I would receive info later with renewal instructions.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #230
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE at Amazon US:

Bait and Switch - Darlene Gardner
[Romantic Comedy/Contemporary Romance]

-This book was previously published by Love Spell in 2002 (this edition is updated)

-Author has published with Harlequin, Love Spell, etc.

Book Description:
After switching places with his identical twin to catch a criminal, Mitch is the one who's hooked - on his brother's girl!
Grant "Mitch" Mitchell is a cop accustomed to bailing out his charming, irresponsible twin, but his brother's never been mixed up with a criminal before. The plan to get his twin out of trouble is a simple bait and switch.
Mitch will go undercover as his brother to gather enough evidence to put the bad guy in jail. It seems easy enough until a blond knockout shows up on his brother's doorstep. She's not only gorgeous, she's spitting mad. Before Mitch knows it, he's trying to keep his hands to himself while winning back his brother's girl!
Meanwhile, his twin is living it up while attempting to impress a woman who thinks he's Mitch. Which leaves a doozy of a question: Are the women falling for them or their mirror images?

Editorial Reviews:
"A fun, laugh-a-minute read."
-- RT Book Reviews (4 1/2-star review), Oct. 2002

"Ms. Gardner has a fresh, romantic voice that will appeal to all readers. If you love engaging characters, funny, laugh out loud humor, and passionate romance, you'll love Bait & Switch!"
-- Romance and Friends, Oct. 2002

"Bait & Switch is pure rib-tickling entertainment from first page to last."
-- ReaderToReader.com, Oct. 2002

About the Author:
Darlene Gardner has more than 30 books in print, from single-title romantic comedies to emotionally charged family dramas.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #231
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg3 View Post
FREE at Amazon US:

Bait and Switch - Darlene Gardner
[Romantic Comedy/Contemporary Romance]

-This book was previously published by Love Spell in 2002 (this edition is updated)
I am a big fan of the Love Spell line.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #232
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I just finshed another book i had on the go, was thinking of starting Mr and Mrs Fitzwilliam Darcy 2 become one, possibly this weekend.
Enjoy! Or enjoy whatever you read instead...
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:44 AM   #233
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I just finished the Samhain freebie from a few days ago and wanted to see about getting one of the sequels that features a secondary character I liked. A Google search returned a coupon code that worked, so I thought I'd share!

EARTH12 was good for 30% off, and applied to multiple books in my cart (though I just bought the one, not sure if it's a one-time use but would be glad to check for someone).
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #234
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free: Lakota Surrender by by Karen Kay (Historical Native American\Western)
Formally published by Avon in 1994. This is book 1 of the series.
Note: I had to do a double take because Samhain never puts these up for free. This is from their Retro Romance line.
This one is now free straight from Samhain as well, for anyone who wants a DRM-free option.

Alone Time is another free, on preorder.

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 08-18-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added Alone Time
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #235
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
EARTH12 was good for 30% off, and applied to multiple books in my cart (though I just bought the one, not sure if it's a one-time use but would be glad to check for someone).
I bought Impulse by Moira Rogers, to complete (for now) her Southern Arcana series.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #236
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much for remembering to check Samhain.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #237
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I used the Samhain coupon in June, but didn't realize until last week that it was still valid. It's good for multiple uses and it works on top of pre-orders and new releases that are already discounted 30%. Samhain rarely has coupons so I was happy to find out this one was still working.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #238
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Free on Amazon US:

Ordinary Miracles by Grace Wynne-Jones

"Funny, heartwarming and special" - Marian Keyes

It only takes ordinary miracles to change your life.

Jasmine Smith: forty next month and not ready for it; married to a man she likes and not prepared to give up on love; smothered by life's mundanity, and yet drawn towards its mystery. She wants the sort of love that makes her feel more alive, she wants wild sex in stalled lifts with film stars. She wants something else....

Jasmine Smith is in desperate need of a miracle. And with the help of an adventurous school friend, a man called Charlie and a pig called Rosie she is about to find one.

ETA: also free on Amazon UK

Ordinary Miracles

Last edited by mitford13; 08-18-2012 at 02:11 PM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #239
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Dirty Little Lies by Julie Leto is 99 cents.

Quote:
Sultry Latina bounty hunter Marisela Morales is back, taking on the Boston elite -- and her gorgeous ex -- in a red-hot, roller-coaster adventure from USA Today bestselling author Julie Leto.

Three months into her training for Titan International Investigations, Marisela Morales needs some R & R, and the tuxedoed hombre de misterio sending her scorching glances across a crowded ballroom looks like he'd be happy to fulfill her needs. Closer inspection reveals that the masked man is danger with a capital F -- as in Frankie Vega, her ex-lover and Titan colleague. But before their reunion reaches the boiling point, a senator is shot and Marisela must confront a female assassin with a wicked reputation -- and a link to Marisela's old life.

Working under Frankie provides Marisela with plenty of aggravation, along with some sinfully sexy after-hours benefits, but she'll need to keep her mind on the job if she wants to beat the demons from her past...including an irresistible man who betrayed her...and a killer chica who's her biggest challenge yet.
Dirty Little Secrets was given away a few weeks ago but if you missed it you can get it for 99 cents.
It's book one of the series.

Quote:
USA Today bestselling author Julie Leto launches a caliente new series featuring a sexy, Latina bounty hunter with an appetite for danger and an insatiable thirst for the man she's hunting down: her ex.
When Marisela Morales sets out to stop her ex-boyfriend Francisco Vega from skipping out on bail, she has a secret agenda: revenge. She hasn't seen Frankie in ten years, and back then, he broke her heart, choosing his gang over his girl. So when she tracks him down in their old haunt, a hot dance club in Tampa, she sets about seducing him into her trap.

Frankie has a secret agenda, too, and Marisela soon faces a tough choice: continue drifting through her twentysomething life -- hitting the same town with the same girlfriends every weekend while struggling to find a job and pay the rent -- or dive headfirst into danger with her ex. Frankie operates in a treacherous underworld full of arms dealers, assassins, and sinister agendas -- a world overrun with people keeping dirty little secrets -- and only Marisela has the cojones to fight her way to the truth.
These are formally published books by Pocket (2005-2006). The author has just gotten her rights back and plans to finally write book 3 if all goes well.

I think it's great now authors can go back and finish writing a series that may not have done well due to limits of how it was publicized at the time of release.

I'm always on the lookout for these types of stories with a strong heroine that isn't set as urban fantasy. I absolutely loved the Silhouette Bombshell series because of this.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #240
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
These 2 are FREE at Amazon US:

(1) Master Of Paradise - Virginia Henley [Historical Romance/Plantation Novel-Southern Family Saga]

-Author is a NY Times Bestselling Author and has published with Signet/Penguin, Dell/Random House, etc.
-This is an original book, never before published.

(2) Letter Of Love - Virginia Henley [Short Story - Historical Romance/Elizabethan]

Last edited by kg3; 08-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote