Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
returning k3-pre paid cards/canada

I got a k3 about a month ago. it has a bad battery so I called amazon- fine, they'll replace it- and they did but this one has a broken screen. this is all fine... my issue is this:
they won't send me a replacement unless I have a credit card they can charge the full price of the kindle on first. I don't have a credit card. I've always used pre-paid cards. they won't even let me send the kindle back first and then send the replacement!! i think that is unreasonable.

this means that in my case, they will not honor the warranty!
I don't understand this- they sent me the first replacement and that wasn't a problem. they replaced my k2 when it froze after 6 months. same for my DXG. all I had to do was pay for shipping with the pre-paid (which they later reimbursed).

why now all of a sudden they can't work something out here?
I've never had a complaint before about their customer service.
anyway, I'm not buying it without a warranty so it's going back.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps they figure there's something odd about returning 3 Kindles. You've returned a K2, a DX, AND a K3, and now you want to return the K3 again? They certainly have systems in place which flag suspicious activity.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Quote:
...returning 3 Kindles...
Bad luck, eh?
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps they figure there's something odd about returning 3 Kindles. You've returned a K2, a DX, AND a K3, and now you want to return the K3 again? They certainly have systems in place which flag suspicious activity.
exchanged, not returned.
with the k3, I'm sending back the replacement. they sent my two broken ones in a row. I can't really help that.
also, they don't have a problem with the exchange itself; it's the whole 'wanting a real credit card' thing all of a sudden.

i see what you're saying though.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
Bad luck, eh?

actually, now that I think about, er, aboot it, I never did send the dxg back.
no, it was only the k2 I cashed in my warranty on.
and now I got two bunk k3's in a row.
I still have both of them sitting here, having only paid for one.
I don't know why I just can't send it (them) back first then have them send the replacement? seems like a good solution to me.
Advert
Old 02-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

I don't know which pre-paid you are using, but maybe this explain things:

Quote:
You can use debit, check, pre-paid, and gift cards issued by the companies above as well as their standard credit cards.
And key words here are "issued by the companies above".

I read that here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=518224
Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #7
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
I don't know which pre-paid you are using, but maybe this explain things:

And key words here are "issued by the companies above".

I read that here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=518224
thanks.
I usually use a visa or mastercard. i had no trouble buying anything from them before using those cards or exchanging the kindles before, like I said.

I'm starting to wonder about what Harry said: perhaps I did get flagged for too many returns/exchanges.
then again, maybe I just got bad CS rep. I should really give them another call and see what happens this time.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
Histerius
Zealot

Tell them that you'll switch to Apple
Old 02-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #9
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Tell them that you'll switch to Apple
ugh.. I think I'd rather be without a warranty than be forced to read a book on an ipad. Don't even get me started...
maybe I'll get a sony instead. god, my life is meaningless.