Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
PodPeople
Connoisseur
PodPeople doesn't litterPodPeople doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, iPad 3, Kindle 4B
Getting rid of page numbers

I have a Libre and read mostly ePubs. Page numbers appear in the top header of every page screen and they also appear every so often on the right hand side of the page, sometimes obliterating the text. I've been setting the right margin to 15 points so that page numbers won't interfere with the text. I'd just as soon not see these page numbers so I could reduce the right margin and get more text on a page. Has anyone figured out a way of suppressing the display of these page numbers using Calibre or Sigil?
PodPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodPeople View Post
I've been setting the right margin to 15 points so that page numbers won't interfere with the text. I'd just as soon not see these page numbers so I could reduce the right margin and get more text on a page. Has anyone figured out a way of suppressing the display of these page numbers using Calibre or Sigil?
The numbers on the right hand side are part of most basic implementations of ADE on ereaders. Unless there is an option under settings to turn it off (anything short of a firmware update won't make a difference) it's there to stay.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert