Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Older
Older began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Move to Library - Disappeared

Hi,
In older versions of Calibre, the Library tag had a 'Move to Library' with a few extras like 'Move and delete from present library'. This seems to have disappeared and although I have searched, I can't find it anywhere.

Does anyone know where it is, or if it has been taken off, how can I move similar tagged books to another library?
Thanks in advance.
Older is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
You can either right click on the book you want to move and use the Copy To Library option or you can go to Preferences=>Toolbars and put the Copy To Library icon on your main toolbar if you plan to use it a lot.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Older

Thanks for your quick reply BookJunkie.
I've just sorted it, because, although I had created a new library, Calibre for some reason was not recognising it. I have created another new library and right clicking on the book (or all selected books) brings up the missing menu. I was surprised that such a useful tool had been removed; now I know it hasn't.
Thanks to all who read this post.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Older View Post
Thanks for your quick reply BookJunkie.
I've just sorted it, because, although I had created a new library, Calibre for some reason was not recognising it. I have created another new library and right clicking on the book (or all selected books) brings up the missing menu. I was surprised that such a useful tool had been removed; now I know it hasn't.
Thanks to all who read this post.
That feature depends on the name existing in the 'Switch Library' list.
If you clear (delete) the name from the list, the Library still exists (on your drive), but you can not select it. If the current library is the only one, the Copy choices do not show at all
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
Older

Thanks, that's what must have happened. I've added all the books from the inaccesible library to the new one I created and can now access the Copy option.

Tags
library, move