Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
Oberon Design
Oberon Design doesn't litterOberon Design doesn't litterOberon Design doesn't litter

Device: none
Oberon Design Return Policy

Oberon Design makes all there leather covers ‘to order’. They take returns on manufacturer defects and, of course on mistakes in orders. They’re also ready and willing to address any problem you feel you’re having with your purchase. If they feel that the problem or mistake is theirs, they will send a UPS return authorization tag for your cover or credit your shipping cost.

Have a great evening
Oberon Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #32
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
I am probably going to get one of these once I have the cash for my PRS 500. One thing I don't like is the way it does not sit flat (the way it pulls in at the center and pushes out at the top and bottom)

I assume this is the straps? if I CUT the straps off does this problem go away? I guess would be better to give an example with some picture.

if I CUT the straps and bungee OFF the oberon cover will it sit on my reader like this

Structural I LOVE the premium sony cover. Its only a TINY bit bigger than my book just enough to provide "edge" protection with a nice super stiff cover for penetration protection of the screen.

but I LOVE the elegant outer design of the oberon case.

What is the construction like BEHIND those straps?

I am thinking can I get one WITHOUT straps and bungy (though it would be ultra easy to REMOVE them myself)

and then glue THIS (the 4th picture) into the back cover and glue a piece of FELT over top of the entire inside back cover but with the hole for the clip literally replicating the SONY method but onto an oberon cover.

would your cover THEN sit as neat and flat as the sony cover does in my picture?

if so it would SO be worth $72 to get the very nice blue roof of heaven cover you have. I am in love with your covers

It would also be nice to get rid of that folder pouch on the inside of the front cover and then make it so there is an OPENING on the inside of the BIDING where it folds (think wallet) so I can insert a structural "Plate" into the book to make it stiff and strong. In fact allowing this on BOTH sides would be nice. This way we could go out and buy pieces of plastic or aluminum plate cut to size and "insert" them to dramatically reinforce and FLATTEN the cover.

BUT I note the sony cover does NOT seem to need this. it is more than stiff enough and more than protective enough. SO why does yours seem less stiff? or is that just the corner straps and that would go away when I made them go away?

Suggestions? Ideas? Feedback? (you too oberon what do you think?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6857.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	46682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6858.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	46683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6859.JPG
Views:	312