Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
Eladha
Eladha began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-505
Vista recognize prs-505 as Unknown device

I installed the Sony software for windows vista. Then connect the sony reader to my computer. The computer detected the rader as unknown device (in the device manager). I tried to remove the Sony software, but it also did not help.
What can I do to connect the device to my PC?
I guess that the problem is drivers problem.
Eladha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladha View Post
I installed the Sony software for windows vista. Then connect the sony reader to my computer. The computer detected the rader as unknown device (in the device manager). I tried to remove the Sony software, but it also did not help.
What can I do to connect the device to my PC?
I guess that the problem is drivers problem.
This will bump it up for someone to jump in and help if my search didn't find useful information

I did a search and found the below thread that gave some ideas from Elfwreck....
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...%27t+recognize

Last edited by dreams; 05-15-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: to add Elfwreck's name for the help
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
Eladha
Eladha began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
This will bump it up for someone to jump in and help if my search didn't find useful information

I did a search and found the below thread that gave some ideas from Elfwreck....
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...%27t+recognize
Thanks for the link
Unfortunately, I tried the solutions offered but they did not help me solve the problem.
Do you have other ideas to solve the problem?
Eladha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi elhada and welcome to MobileRead.

I'm not very good with technical stuff, but I found this information on the Sony Support UK website:

1.Verify that the Reader is turned on.
2.Verify that the Reader battery has an adequate charge.
3.Verify that the USB cable is properly and securely connected to the Reader and the computer.
The USB cable should be connected directly to the computer. Connecting the Reader using a USB hub or extension cable is not supported.
4.Verify that the Reader displays the USB connection indicator.
5.Disconnect the Reader from the computer, close the Reader software and restart the computer.
6.With the Reader disconnected from the computer, perfom a hard reset.
7.With the Reader connected to the computer, uninstall and reinstall the Sony Reader USB driver.
8.Install the Reader software on a different computer and connect the Reader.

As dreams suggests, someone will probably come along who can help a bit better. Good luck!

Here is the link to the website http://support.sony-europe.com/dna/f...S-505&f=PA_PRS

Last edited by Curly; 05-15-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I would suggest completely uninstalling the Sony software. Check and see if Vista recognizes the Reader without the software. Maybe the reader will show up properly and a bad Sony installation was the culprit.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Also try a reboot.

If that doesn't work, try different USB ports and if still no luck, try a different USB cable woth the different ports and if that still doesn't work, upgrade to Windows XP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote