Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
ozzlil
ozzlil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
ebook library to iphone...help!

Hi, I have the Sony PRS-505 with lots of books I have purchased through Sony in my ebook library. Is there a way to download any of those onto my iphone??
ozzlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Starganderfish
Starganderfish began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G
If you jailbreak your iphone you can use SSH programs (such as Fugu for Mac or WinSCP for Windows) to transfer files over a wifi network. Or the iPhonebrowser app (also requires a jailbroken iPhone) for Windows allows a direct USB transfer. If your iPhone isn't jailbroken most file transfer app's will only allow you access to a very small number of folders on your iPhone (called the "sandbox" ie: the area Apple will let you play around in - lol)
Many eBook reader programs - Stanza, BookZ etc have a function that will allow you to transfer files from a computer to the phone - again using wifi - without requiring you to jailbreak. BUT these methods usually use the iPhones processor to run them so are limited in the number of files that can be transfered in one go without crashing the phone.
My advice - Jailbreak the iPhone, use iPhonebrowser app to transfer via USB and then restore your iPhone to the factory default OS - if you follow the directions and are careful, do some research before you go ahead, you should be able to restore your phone to it's pristine state, without losing the files.
Starganderfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If these are Sony LRX ebooks, then they are not readable on the iPhone. This is because Sony's DRM (encryption) has not been circumvented (so 3rd party Reader apps don't work) and Sony does not have its own Reader app for the iPhone.

Adobe's DRM has been circumvented, so you can read Adobe PDFs and ePubs on the iPhone if you first strip their DRM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote