Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Send to Device Template not working

I'm using Calibre to manage e-books. When I send a book to my Nexus 9, I want the entry to go in a folder by author and look like:

Author Name
Title
Series then the Series Index with the whole index number (nn.nn)
book size

It doesn't have to be EXACTLY like this, but this is pretty much what comes up right now..... EXCEPT that the series index doesn't work.

SO, I add a book:
Author: Brian Freeman
Title: The Burial Place
Series: Jonathan Stride
Series Index: 5

and ANOTHER book from the same author, in the same series, with a different title and a different series index (this one is a short story, so it gets added as something in between fer-real series entries):
Author: Brian Freeman
Title: Spitting Devil
Series: Jonathan Stride
Series Index: 5.50

My template for the Device is
{author_sort}/{series:|| #}{series_index:05.2f|| - }{title}

My template in the Calibre preferences for Send to Devices is EXACTLY the same... Copied one from the other:
{author_sort}/{series:|| #}{series_index:05.2f|| - }{title}

What I GET on the device is a FOLDER with Freeman, Brian (GOOD) and an entry for
Freeman, Brian (again, good)
The Burial Place (in bold. again, good)
#5 Jonathon Stride (OK in THIS case since the index is "5")
236K epub (also good)

So, this entry is OK...

BUT, my OTHER entry is
Freeman, Brian (still good)
Spitting Devil (in bold - still good)
#5 Jonathon Stride (NOT OK since the index is 5.50 and now I can't tell which of these two books is FIRST in the series I want to read)...
591K epub (also good)

I THOUGHT I had the template set up right, and SOMETIMES IT DOES PUT IN THE WHOLE INDEX. But NOT ALL the time.

I tried leaving the template for the device empty, but Calibre put in some tags that weren't what I wanted. How do I get the template to be empty? Or DO I WANT THAT ONE EMPTY? Do, I want the one in preferences to be empty? WHAT do I need to set the two templates to so I CONSISTENTLY get my entries with the proper, complete index?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The template does Integer by default

Look at the samples you will see 'formatted' numbers
Code:
series_index:0>5.2f}
formats the index 2 left.2 right
AKA 12.34
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2016, 07:33 PM   #3
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
Good grief... Stupid ">" sign..........

OK, I"m now getting good numbers... BUT, everything is now on one line. Not a big deal, but is there a way to get it back to the old formatting where the

author is on the top line
title is on the next line in bold
index and series are on the third line
size

I'm not sure WHY it's always done it that way in the past, but now it looks like

no author on the top line, it's just blank
series #index - title on the next line all in bold
blank line
size
2 pr 3 blank lines

I"ll keep looking at stuff over at Calibre, but is there a way to get the information back on multiple lines the way it was?
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you looking on the Details (Shift-Alt-D) or Information (I) section?

Usually blank values suppresses the whole line.

There is a Tweak that adjusts what fields do show. I will leave it to you to learn (search) the tweak

Preference: Tweaks
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote