Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Issue with Send to Device template

I recently decided to add a new variable to my Send To Device Template. As I always do I tested it out using Save To Disk where it works fine but when I go to use it in Send To Disk it ignores the new variable. This is the template with the new variable in bold.

{#library}/{#fandom1:||/}{#complete2:||/}{#type:||/}{#nonseries:||/}{#fandom2:||/}{series:||/}{series_index:|| - }{title} - {author}

I get this result when I use Save To Disk, which is what I want:

Fanfic/Arrow/Complete/Het/Series/General/Slow Build/1 - White Lies - ijustliketowatch

When I use Send To Device I get this:

Fanfic/Arrow/Complete/Het/General/Slow Build/1 - White Lies - ijustliketowatch

This wouldn't seem like a big deal except that I'd like to separate out my series stories from my non-series stories.

I checked and it is the correct lookup name. It's a "text, but with a fixed set of permitted values" field but I don't think that should make a difference as #complete2 is the same kind of field and that comes through fine. My next thought was maybe there's a limit to the number of sub-folders I can have but I get the same issue when I take out a variable.

Just to see what would happen I took out the #nonseries variable and put in a different "text, fixed set of values" variable and the same thing happens. The second "text, fixed set of values" variable in the template is ignored. I just tried creating a regular text column and that's being ignored too. I could understand if it was at the end of the template but it's right in the middle. It almost feels like it keeps defaulting to the old template even though the above template is what's listed.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? I'm using Calibre 1.20 and trying to export to my Nook STR.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Check the relevant Nook device interface plugin's save template (in Prefs > Plugins > Device Interface Plugins > whichever device interface plugin applies to your Nook). A different save template there would supersede the generic save template in Send Books to Device, causing the problem. If so, change the save template in that device interface plugin.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks. Apparently that was the issue. I've never touched those plugins before so why did it get stuck with that one and not switch to the new template like I wanted it to?
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #4
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Thanks. Apparently that was the issue. I've never touched those plugins before so why did it get stuck with that one and not switch to the new template like I wanted it to?
You're welcome. This way you have a choice of using device-specific save templates for some devices, and the generic Send to Device save template for others.

Last edited by unboggling; 02-14-2014 at 12:19 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
I believe that the first time you use a device of a specific type the generic value is copied to the device specific one. Thereafter you need to over-ride the device specific template.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I believe that the first time you use a device of a specific type the generic value is copied to the device specific one. Thereafter you need to over-ride the device specific template.
No it doesn't, (I can testify to that, or my config directory would have several device templates that it doesn't have) and that wouldn't really make sense -- why should it do that? If the template was created generically, it should be generic, and not migrate to specific devices such that the next time you change the generic fallback template you must update numerous other templates as well.

Although you will create a template without meaning to if you open a device for configuration, don't change anything, and click OK instead of CANCEL. calibre will assume the default for the device should override the generic configuration.

This tricked me when I stopped Kindle (via device template) from getting calibre-generated page-numbers, then later tried to create a generic save path template. The device template still had the generic save path.

Last edited by eschwartz; 02-14-2014 at 01:18 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote