Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Kobo trivia contest - 10% to 75% off - next few days

Kobo is running another contest. This one offers 10% to 75% off coupon codes. You have to answer trivia questions, but the ones in the "mystery" category were pretty easy, at least so far. Like previous Kobo contests, you have to register for this separately - this seems sort of silly, but there it is...

The contest seems to be on day 4 right now (July 14, US west coast), but unlike some earlier Kobo contests, I was able to go back and do days 1-3 also, and got codes for those days too.

None of my codes were very good though - 3 10% codes and one 25% code. You can do better just by looking at Goat's wonderful Kobo coupon thread here on MR:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115233

The URL for the Kobo contest is:

http://contest.kobo.com/triviateasercontest/

I don't know if the codes will work for more than one user, but if someone gets one of the better ones, maybe they can post here and we can try.

If anybody wants to try mine, none of which I will use, here they are:

fQ4nvN5 10%
FQ95F8y 10%
FQ9EUpq 10%
GVuY4YJ 25%
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
Sgtpepper
Sgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notesSgtpepper can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Touch
Contest open only to US, UK and Canada
Sgtpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Shelli508
Shelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony e-reader
Here are my codes anyone is welcome to use:

10% off gKaYMDv
20% off gLNrMIm
10% off GkG5DW7
10% off GkJ7IXf
10% off gKJNkgE
Shelli508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
There are additional contest codes posted in the main Kobo coupon code thread:
KoboBooks.com Discount Codes
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Has anyone actually won a 75% off coupon? The best I've done is 30% off.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
has anyone tried to use these codes on other books besides the "listed books" for the contset? Not interested in their books listed :P
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
has anyone tried to use these codes on other books besides the "listed books" for the contset? Not interested in their books listed :P
Yes, they work on other non-agency books besides what's listed. When Kobo lists the price, if they say "Price set by publisher", it most likely won't work. If it shows a list price followed by "Our price", the coupon code will probably work.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Has anyone actually won a 75% off coupon? The best I've done is 30% off.
I'm envious... 10 and 20 are all I've gotten although I saw a couple of 25's and a 30 posted in the other thread.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I got a 30% today, too. (I've used it already.) The rest were 20s and 10s.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
terriluvsbooks
terriluvsbooks began at the beginning.

Device: Currently Kindle Fire and I Pad. Previously, k2, k4 and Sony 600
It won't let me play today. Keeps going to the sign in screen. Anyone else have this problem?
terriluvsbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriluvsbooks View Post
It won't let me play today. Keeps going to the sign in screen. Anyone else have this problem?
It seems to do that when it's busy. Also, closing your browser and starting over seems to help.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I haven't got anything past 20% off

G3MXpTj = 20% off.

The Last contest prizes were better.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I'm holding out for a 75, haven't hit one yet.
Here's some 25s & 30s.

30%

6S5XaBQ
6T2kRec
6xqLsFW
7bBjv3p
7bEEMGj
7E2wuWb
7eIwQid
aY2pDDZ
Ay5aRwU
ayHt3eU
bC6jy3e
bIf9r3r
BzB48fr
CQBq8kU
e5kNFRn
gFgy8cH
gfJeXgD

25%
73X2kPP
7dh722S
AZtXXkV
b2gcrTv
bEcINU6
c5Bs5BV
E8YS4Qp
GiTXrGi
giyHgDb
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Shelli508
Shelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animalsShelli508 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony e-reader
I haven't gotten higher than 20%. Go ahead and take this one. I have only been given one question a day now.

20% coupon!

Coupon: N9YJDdr
Shelli508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I got a couple of 25% off coupons initially, but since then it's been a paltry 10%.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote