Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 03:25 AM   #1
panovvladislav
panovvladislav began at the beginning.

Device: Amazone Kindle DXG
Title language of added books

Please, what's wrong?
My native language is russian. So, when I try to add a new book, I write a title in russian, but when I look at the file in Windows Explorer I get the file's title in transliteration. Calibre write the title in english instead of russian....
The interface language is russian, windows language is english.
May be someone knows what's the problem?
panovvladislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
If I remember correct this is driven from your OS and happen when your OS language is different to the program language. The only workaround I remember is to switch your OS to Russian.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you mean that that the file name as stored internally inside the Calibre library only uses ASCII characters, then this is by design. Using non-ASCII xharacters can cause problems on many filing systems.

You are not meant to be looking directly at Books stored inside the Calibre library - instead you are expected to go via the calibre UI which will hide such details from you.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote