Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 05:35 AM   #16
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Under device manager, it simply shows up as "802.11n Wireless LAN Card". Is there a software to determine the model number?
Yes, it started fine. The "start Virtual Router" button turned to "stop Virtual Router" when I started it.
I can see mine at Device Manager first page. I don't know a name but there should be softwares to show such infos.But no need to them. Because your settings seem Ok.
It seems that your problem is about the kindle not the virtual router.
we will see this when you try this on your laptop.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #17
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I can see mine at Device Manager first page. I don't know a name but there should be softwares to show such infos.But no need to them. Because your settings seem Ok.
It seems that your problem is about the kindle not the virtual router.
we will see this when you try this on your laptop.
Well I was able to try this on my laptop today. Surprisingly, I could not connect to my desktop. So the Kindle is not the problem. Any ideas?

Both computers are running Windows 7 (desktop=64,laptop=32)
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #18
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
At least on Windows 7 there is a wonderful freeware available for your laptop:

http://www.connectify.me/

I use it with great pleasure in hotels etc. with my Kindle. The laptop is hooked up to the internet (either via a cable or WIFI) and it behaves as an access point for a private WLAN at the same time. I connect to that WLAN with my Kindle, iphone, etc. and share the link.

This might be useful for you, depending on what you want.

Regards, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #19
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Well I was able to try this on my laptop today. Surprisingly, I could not connect to my desktop. So the Kindle is not the problem. Any ideas?

Both computers are running Windows 7 (desktop=64,laptop=32)
Could you try to use laptop as an hotspot and try to connect your Kindle?
If possible connect the laptop to internet directly. If not try it to connect to pc with adhoc( of course shared again on both machines).

I thing the problem is wireless of your pc. If possible try a usb one. ( may borrow from so to try ) Have you got a chance to learn its type,model?
http://www.ehow.com/how_4797862_what...rd-laptop.html

Last edited by thomass; 04-27-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #20
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Oooh just saw this. Thanks - works wonderfully.

I have a wireless router, but it's always a pain to set Kindle up on it - I have to turn off all the security to get Kindle to connect. When it's connected once it's fine from then on. However, I performed a factory reset and then never got around to removing my network security to start all over again.

Now I don't have to and I can finally register my Kindle again.

Karma for you.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Karma for you.
thanks, and happy to hear that it works for you

Kranu:
can you see on network manger window that your virtual manager has internet connection , see:attached capture. Also make sure that your password is at least 8 characters.(I don't know what it is for (gueesing that it is about wpa2 encryp.), mentioned on this page http://virtualrouter.codeplex.com/ )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Virtual Router.png
Views:	345
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	70647  

Last edited by thomass; 04-30-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Tags
ad-hoc, network, peer to peer, wifi hotspot, wifi tether