Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I hear you on the resolution, but somehow, opera broke my brain. Of course, I tried it at 3 AM . I use LastPass, and it works well with Dolphin 7.0.2. I think Adblock works better with this one, too. In the earlier Dolphin versions I tried, none of the addons seemed to actually become part of the browser, even if they said they installed <shrug>.

Last edited by taming; 11-04-2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:14 PM   #17
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
I've tried the Adblock - it still doesn't block any ads, at least not on a non-rooted device.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #18
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd, because I am not seeing any ads on sites like Engadget which are just chock a block with them on a system without adbock (or the equivalent)installed.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite

National Film Board of Canada

I have not been able to find non-Android Market access to the National Film Board of Canada apk. I also cannot play the films from the website using Opera Mini, the standard browser, or Dolphin. It's a plugin issue.

Help? Ideas?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #20
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I hear you on the resolution, but somehow, opera broke my brain. Of course, I tried it at 3 AM . I use LastPass, and it works well with Dolphin 7.0.2. I think Adblock works better with this one, too. In the earlier Dolphin versions I tried, none of the addons seemed to actually become part of the browser, even if they said they installed <shrug>.
I've trying to add some plugins like adblock but keep getting the error message below (actually i've gotten it for some other downloads too...) why doesn't it work? I'm going in directly with Dolphin's add on menu

No match found for: null
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #21
taming
Trying for calm & polite

See this post about Dolphin Addons. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=3
Old 11-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #22
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #23
Cdesja5
Wizard

Will try! Luckily already have dropbox!
Old 11-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #24
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Will try! Luckily already have dropbox!
Use the new version of Dolphin. 7.0.2
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #25
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
See this post about Dolphin Addons. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...40&postcount=3
I'm getting a parsing error.
"Parse error"
There is a problem parsing the package.

Any idea what I can do to resolve? (I had downloaded 7.0.2 before asking about the plugins)
Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #26
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Nope, I am clueless. It works fine for me.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #27
Cdesja5
Wizard

Got it to work using Astro...went to Dropbox file in Astro and when I tapped on the AdBlock, it was there, I could tap on it and install. I had to tap on the ones I wanted in Dropbox, get the parsing error and then go to Astro for them to show there.
Thanks for the tip on Dropbox and where to get the plugins.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Glad you found a workaround. You may want to add it to the addons post, in case you are not the only one with the issue.