Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #31
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLynn View Post
I love reading Roger Zelazny's "A Night in the Lonesome October" every October... really gets me in the mood for Halloween. Just wish it were available in ebook format!
Hey Now! I thought I had read all of Zelazny's books, but never heard of this one. OK, I'm gonna have to look for this, thanks for the recommendation!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #32
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You really ought to get BOb's book back to him, you know...
Ah! It took me so long to figure out this one!

It's not BOb's book though, it's Abecedary's, they're dressed the same to bring confusion to the masses... (why, oh why?)
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #33
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Watership Down. I read it at least once each year.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #34
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ah! It took me so long to figure out this one!

It's not BOb's book though, it's Abecedary's, they're dressed the same to bring confusion to the masses... (why, oh why?)
But my avatar is different from Bob's. I swear!
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #35
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Little Woman, and I'll vote for the Little House series too. Great for getting a feel for history and for real people! Besides, the more you read a book, the earlier you start to cry for the heroine whom you KNOW is going to die (or whatever that particular heroine is going to do).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #36
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I never got over what happens to Walter in the Green Gables series, and when I re-read it I got teary every time I saw is name! And in Little Women, Beth, poor Beth... I know what you mean...

Abecedary, I know it's different, but for someone who basically can tell left and right apart, it's tough to differentiate!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #37
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Hey Now! I thought I had read all of Zelazny's books, but never heard of this one. OK, I'm gonna have to look for this, thanks for the recommendation!
Read this book immediately, it's amazing Also, Ray Bradbury's 'The Halloween Tree' is also a treat come Halloween night
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #38
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Harry potter.
Lost count of the time i read them.
** mumbles something about Rowling and e-book **
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Much as I enjoy Harry Potter (and they are among my most re-read books) I couldn't, in all honesty, claim to have been reading them "all my life" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #40
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mayhaps Eowyn is younger than some of us, Harry! (counting myself in there too, since I can remember the moon landing, etc!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #41
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

** do some maths **

Well, i was 16 when i began reading harry potter. On my calculator's screen, as i had no e-reader then.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #42
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I'm not complaing, just commenting! When did they first come out? I remember hearing about them in 1998 or so, but I'm not sure they started then.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #43
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm not complaing, just commenting! When did they first come out? I remember hearing about them in 1998 or so, but I'm not sure they started then.
End 1997 if i remember right, but i began reading them later. (four books where already out)
That's also the point where i began having enough money of my own to buy books
Old 07-30-2009, 02:41 PM   #44
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I haven't actually read *any* of them (shame on me!) I watched the first movie, and enjoyed it. Figured I ought to read the books before watching any other movies, though. And there has always been a stack of OTHER books that get precedence. Some day, though!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 PM   #45
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLynn View Post
I love reading Roger Zelazny's "A Night in the Lonesome October" every October... really gets me in the mood for Halloween. Just wish it were available in ebook format!
I must say, for me it's one of his best works, and one of the few better than Amber.

I prefer to listen to audiobook version of it though (released in 1993) - because it's read by Zelazny himself. Definitely a book I come back to.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote