Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
New firmware

Neue Firmwareversion für PB360°
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...e_ws_v15_1.zip
Neue Firmwareversion für PB301+
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...e_ws_v15_1.zip

Both versions feature an improved Adobe Viewer version. Complete changelog coming up later today.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 03-15-2010 at 08:37 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Sorry, something wrong with both links.
They error out.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Do not forget to read the thread on How to upgrade firmware
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62973
... and do not forget to backup your installed dictionaries, themes, fonts, translations, applications, logos, notes, books and whatever else you might have on your reader. Better safe than sorry ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
New Firmware version for PB301+
http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...de_ws_v15_1.7z

New Firmware version for PB360°

Both versions feature an improved Adobe Viewer version. Complete changelog coming up later today.
The above links do not work.
Firmware for 301

Firmware for 360
Old 03-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Sorry, I corrected the links. Working now!
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid they still don't work for me. Just display as binary junk. If I right click and do a "Save As...", what should the file extension be? It doesn't work as a ZIP file!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Odd, both links worked for me.
And WinRar extracts them cleanly.
Not going to update right away since I want to do a full charge first...
(And to wait for the changelog.)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm afraid they still don't work for me. Just display as binary junk. If I right click and do a "Save As...", what should the file extension be? It doesn't work as a ZIP file!
It's 7z, that's a free compression format that can be extracted with the free 7zip software. I don't know why they're using that, honestly.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Downloads OK with IE8 - looks like a Firefox "funny". So I need to install "7zip" to unzip it?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Downloads OK with IE8 - looks like a Firefox "funny". So I need to install "7zip" to unzip it?
Not sure. i have 7zip here and haven't any win installed, so I can't know.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The built-in "unzipper" in Windows doesn't like it, and neither does my rather old version of WinRAR. Looks like it's time to upgrade to the latest version of WinRAR - it can (according to the website) handle ".7z" archives, as fjtorres confirms.

Could you try to persuade PB to re-upload them as ZIP files? It would make life a LOT easier for people .
Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
I use 7-zip. Main reason is it can do Rar as well as Zip files and its free.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It's not a problem for "techies" like us. It's "Joe Public" who's going to have a significant issue with this. It seems madness to release a firmware upgrade in an obscure compression format that the popular operating systems can't handle natively.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
It should be .7z
I have even managed to unpack it under Linux, after right click and selecting "save link target as" from menu
Old 03-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Made the update.
I see a change at long books names

What else?
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote