Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
bowlins
bowlins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to customise the toolbar?

Hello,

I would like to customize the main toolbar like you can do for Calibre. Is this possible?
bowlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlins View Post
Hello,

I would like to customize the main toolbar like you can do for Calibre. Is this possible?
Sure

You must be in the editor

Edit: Preferences: Toolbars (on left)

There are many toolbars (mode dependent) to mess with there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
bowlins

I think I'm going blind. I'm in the editor but I can't see any Toolbar options.

In Preferences, there are only these options:
-Main Window
-Editor Settings
-Preview Settings
-Keyboard Shortcuts
-Integration with Calibre
Old 08-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I think I'm going blind. I'm in the editor but I can't see any Toolbar options.

In Preferences, there are only these options:
-Main Window
-Editor Settings
-Preview Settings
-Keyboard Shortcuts
-Integration with Calibre
What Version of Calibre?

I hapen to be running the beta 206.1 but it is there in the recent production releases 1.4x
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
bowlins

Could it be that Linux version is behind? I'm currently running 1.25 in Ubuntu
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
bowlins

[SOLVED]

I now found why! I installed Calibre via Ubuntu Software Centre. For some reason only 1.25 is available there.

I've followed instructions at http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux and now I have the latest version.

Thanks a lot for that. I was going mental as I remembered customising the toolbar in Windows
Old 08-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
[SOLVED]

I now found why! I installed Calibre via Ubuntu Software Centre. For some reason only 1.25 is available there.

I've followed instructions at http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux and now I have the latest version.

Thanks a lot for that. I was going mental as I remembered customising the toolbar in Windows
Many linux distros lag in updating packages, Ubuntu is often locked into whichever version of something was available when the Ubuntu version was released. You'd be even more behind in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS .

I use Arch Linux, which is bleeding edge and rolling-release. Makes things more exciting, but things are always updated.

You may be interested in the following guide.

Sticky: Fully automatic calibre installer/updater for linux
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I use Arch Linux, which is bleeding edge and rolling-release. Makes things more exciting, but things are always updated.
Yup. So updated that they included the 2.0 beta :-)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #9
bowlins

I'm appalled that Linux is behind, especially considering Calibre is part of the open source family ;(

Thanks a lot for the info and the link!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I'm appalled that Linux is behind, especially considering Calibre is part of the open source family ;(

Actually, Linux is not behind but most repositories are. You can always build it yourself. It is not that hard, Kovid made it really easy.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:

Considering that Ubuntu 12.04 is still stuck on libreoffice 3.5, and even the latest 14.04 release is stuck on libreoffice 4.2 (the official Libreoffice PPA is available with the current stable 4.3 release), I am hardly surprised.

And a similar story with any other piece of popular software, if they think they can get away with it (and they can, apparently).

Of course, with Ubuntu you can always install 14.10 (utopic) which, being still under active development, has the latest versions of things... or use a lot of PPAs... or compile everything from source... or don't use a fixed release distro, because the reason LTS releases are so stable is they only get security+firefox updates.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote